• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

6K Images Slideshow?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a slideshow using 6,000 different square png images with white backgrounds -- race through them in :30 - :45. In theory, is this even possible due to the size? Am I correct in thinking I would have to reduce the size of the images so much they would end up too pixelated? I would follow Andrew Kramer's slideshow tutorial, but I don't want to start this if I will end up with a massive unusable file. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Good.  In that case go with either 1920x1080 @ 29.97 fps or 1280x720 @ 59.94 fps.  Square Pixel.  The reason -- it easily can be re-purposed in the future if need be.

AE shouldn't have any problems with the image sizes, nor should it have any problems scaling down.  Scaling UP is a different story.  Just pick a scale that looks good & have at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one key question for which we need an answer:  WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DELIVER?

What's the playback device?  What kind of file does it require for playback?  What are the horizontal & vertical dimensions it plays?

Answer that question, and it will go far in guiding what you do in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 video to play on web site. Each image is square, can be any size needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good.  In that case go with either 1920x1080 @ 29.97 fps or 1280x720 @ 59.94 fps.  Square Pixel.  The reason -- it easily can be re-purposed in the future if need be.

AE shouldn't have any problems with the image sizes, nor should it have any problems scaling down.  Scaling UP is a different story.  Just pick a scale that looks good & have at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines