• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to embed video with still photos and mask overlay

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I am trying to do, not sure if Photoshop is the correct application for it.  I want to create a video background interspersing still photos with video clips of various scenes. All this is running behind a silhouette outline of the USA.  Can this be done with Photoshop?  I have done it in the past using Windows Movie Maker but the movie only used still photos, not video clips.  This is for a video presentation, not for the web.  Any advice as to how to embed the video and how to apply the mask would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

That's strange.  We answered more or less the same question just an hour ago.  Are you doing the same class project?

How do I embed a video into a photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange.  We answered more or less the same question just an hour ago.  Are you doing the same class project?

How do I embed a video into a photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out the previous response...I will have to try it, fairly new to Photoshop...and no, it is not for the same class project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine multiple video clips with still images in Photoshop's Timeline.

This Adobe TV Video describes how to add a Mask to your video.

Masking Video in Photoshop for Special Effects - YouTube

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Trevor for your replyBeing new to game of trying something NEW, I'd like to try and explain my problem:

These are slides made up in PP

Photos 1-4 are photos that I saved behind a frame cutout as a jpeg in my PP latest presentation.I would like to put a short 5-10 sec. moving video like pictures that would show through / behind photo 5 above (My template) moving images I only show the 4 w/ pictures because they currently are still frames in the MM video. I do have moving clips savedeg:  horses trotting, waterfalls, air plane passing, birds flying pass, volcanoes erupting, etc.moving scenes, NOT people moving around ONLY SCENES with movement in them.These then would be put into Movie Maker (MM) and a transition would between all of them,still to fade over still, still to vade over one that has a scene built into its frame, etc.I could send you a partial strip of the video for you to see /  sample of what I've done in the past with still scenes onlyMy video creation has won great reviews at at the United Airline Conventions in Arizona and Florida and Chicago.

Just to let you know I have not dabbled into  Photoshop yet.   But was wondering if there were another easy application to achieve this problem in an easier way.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.   I hope I've explained enough for you to figure this out.

If you wanted to, I would appreciate a call rather than going through this typing for an answer.My number is:  630-830-1279  Chicago time.  Evenings would be the better  8 to midnight is fine, Not knowing you time zone

Anxiously looking forward to hearing from you.

This will be a presentation of GOD BLESS AMERICA depicting colorful scenes here in the USAand Celine Dion sings in the background.  I have crated 1 video, but now would like to create a better one with some frames in the video with moving scenes behind the black USA cutout #5I would be using this video then at our Military gathering here in Illinois. New one I am thinking of instead of the colorful scenes, it would be of military life.

I hope this is not too confusing.   Keep well.

And thanks,

Rick Surma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines