• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer crashing when using Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues the last month, and haven't gotten anywhere with Adobe Support, so thought I would bounce this around here. After I would upload images to Lightroom, my computer would start crashing a while afterwards. At first it was 15 mins afterwards, then it  got progressively worse, to where I couldn't begin to even edit one image. I tried resetting SMC and Pram first. Then I did a factory reset, then restored everything on the computer from time machine. Then I wiped it clean, and manually restored everything app by app. Apple tested the machine, it had no problems. So I bought a brand new Macbook Pro a couple weeks ago. And guess what, I started having issues, just like before about a week into owning it. I have spent hours on the phone/computer with Apple support, and hours on with Adobe support, including multiple trips to the Apple Store (50 miles away). I haven't been able to get anywhere near a resolution to the problem. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you can try is to go to the Lightroom preferences, performance tab, and uncheck the GPU option. If that helps then you might want to check to see if there is an updated driver for your graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with my 2013 model and my brand new one definitely throws me off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried my suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have on the older model, which is what I'm working on at the moment. The apple tech wanted to downgrade to El Captain to see how that worked since I didn't have any issues until after Sierra came out. It will take a day or two to see if anything starts back up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines