• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow Background

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an older version of Photoshop (6.0) and recently every file I print gets printed with a very light yellow background. It covers the entire page except for a small borer around the edge of the paper. This happens on new files I create and on old files that were created a long time in the past. I have searched every aspect of Photoshop I can find to see if I have accidentally turn on a screen or background that I could turn off, but I have found nothing so far. It is really messing up some of the graphics that I have to print. Everything comes out with a yellow cast, albeit a light, pale yellow. I need help if anyone that is better acquainted with the software than I.

Thanks. J. Aaron (email removed by moderator)

Header 1Header 2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Hi skyymann,

Please try and reset Photoshop preferences for taking everything back to default. You need to move the Photoshop.prefs file to the desktop and launch Photoshop.

Refer the below link for finding the Photoshop preference file.

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skyymann,

Please try and reset Photoshop preferences for taking everything back to default. You need to move the Photoshop.prefs file to the desktop and launch Photoshop.

Refer the below link for finding the Photoshop preference file.

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Mohit Goyal:

Hey thanks. I did the keyboard version of the preference reset and the Yellow is gone. Everyone else seemed way off the mark.

Anyway, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean everything you print please be more specific? The yellow does not show up on screen only when printing? Mac or PC what version os and PS? What printer, what printer driver? Maybe a setting in printer driver is doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: Randy Hufford

The yellow never appears on the screen (I guess you mean the monitor). It only shows up on the printed paper. Only Mohit Goyal gave me an answer that could be followed and worked. I don't know how much more specific you wanted me to be.

To Everyone Else:

Thanks for trying. BTW, the printer had nothing to do with anything. The computer OS had nothing to do with it or being a Mac or PC. It was a Photoshop problem. I thought I said that and came to a Photoshop forum to seek help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

skyymann: Resetting preferences is a wipe-out option when you have no idea what the problem is. Sometimes it works, but you are no closer to knowing what the actual problem was. It just returns the application to factory state - but you also lose all your custom settings and assets (brushes, actions and so on).

If you had given more detailed information it could have been possible to pinpoint the exact problem. That's how much more specific people wanted you to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.  Re: Yellow Background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are a few things you can check.

1. Make a new image in the sRGB colour space with White - Black and 50% Grey areas.

2. Look at those areas with the eye dropper tool. Does this show that the area is actually neutral i.e. Red = Green = Blue. Sometimes if the screen is bad then we can make an image with a colour cast to compensate for a badly calibrated screen. Assuming they really are neutral.

3. Check your printer settings - are they set up to use the printer and paper combination that you are using. If there is a printer profile set - is it the correct one for your paper.

4. Print the image

If that does not get you to the problem can you post a screenshot of :

a. The Photo shop colour settings panel

b. The Photoshop printer settings panel

c. The print settings (i.e the Epson/Canon etc print dialogue)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an Epson printer with the Advanced B&W setting?

It has an option called Highlight Point Shift, which will apply a very light gray to the white areas of the image to minimize gloss differential. It can be applied to just the image area, or the whole sheet.

It's possible that other printers have this feature too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is happening to me in Photoshop 2021...I have gone to preferences and reset them...I am searching for the Photoshop.prefs file and I see a 2020 but not a 2021...should I move the 2020 to my desktop and see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More on resetting preferences:

https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
You may want to backup your settings beforehand: 
https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

It may be time to reinstall photoshop. Use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

Uninstall photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2405286

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mrs. Clark When printing - are you using "Photoshop Manages Color" and selecting the correct paper profile? (and media setting) that’s a better way than "printer manages color" generally.

Try this, convert a copy the document you are having issues with to the printer colour space. [Edit /convert to profile (generally select Relative Colorimetric Rendering** here)]

Now use the eyedropper to sample the area that prints yellow when it should not - it is yellow after conversion and not before? 

If it now has the tint, that would suggest an ICC profile issue. 

If you want to print a known test-image you can download this one - the greyscale areas definitely have no yellow tint. https://www.colourmanagement.net/downloads/CMnet_Pixl_AdobeRGB_testimage05.zip

**If you are perhaps making original files in a CMYK colourspace and you select "Absolute Colorimetric" rendering intent when printing, this can superimpose a slight tint over image and border - its intentional and designed to simulate printing press paper colour. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines