Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: Move Folders to another location excluding starred/flagged pics

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My Mac has 250GB flash drive. I use 2TB Time-capsule hard drive to work on the pics. Working in Network hard drive pics is slow from Lightroom and too slow when saving from Photoshop.

So I first import to my mac in Lightroom, will apply stars (rating) to some main images to work on Photoshop. I do same exercises to many folders.

When I get low space message, I need to move all these folders to Network Hard drive. Here I want to keep starred images not to move (Images haven't worked).

Manually select/unselect images is hard. Is there any better way? please help me.

Thanks,

Bhanu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

I don't how to fix Network problems. I bought 3TB My passport Ultra. It has USB 3.0. If it runs fast, I will replace Network drive with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having speed issues working with the network drive, then I politely suggest that there is a problem somewhere in your network, and that this is the issue you want to fix. Then the issue of moving some photos to the network drive and leave others un-moved is moot.

Ideally, if everything is working properly, you would see no speed issues with photos on a network drive. Many people in this forum use network drives and don't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Usually to save 600MB file from Photoshop CC,

it takes to me 2 to 3 seconds to Mac storage where as to Network drive it takes over 40 seconds.

I don't know whether this is Mac is fast because of Flash drive or Network drive is slow.

So I prefer working on pics from mac storage instead of Network drive considering the speed.

(I use wireless and My WiFi speed is around 100MBPS. I don't know if this is related to speed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I prefer working on pics from mac storage instead of Network drive considering the speed.

Does this imply you are not going to try to fix the obvious network problem you are having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for typo. What I mean is "I preferred". I would try to fix network problems.

so saving 600MB file in 40 seconds to Network drive is not normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't have whatever network you have, I don't have a network at all, but it shouldn't take 40 seconds. As I said, other people use network storage for their photos and don't report these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheAnji wrote:

I would try to fix network problems. so saving 600MB file in 40 seconds to Network drive is not normal?

That network speed is not normal. If you get 2-3 seconds writing that 600 meg file to the local storage, I would expect the network transfer to take no more than 4-6 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't how to fix Network problems. I bought 3TB My passport Ultra. It has USB 3.0. If it runs fast, I will replace Network drive with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines