Exit

Snap to guides while using a constraint eg shift

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope some one has a solution..

Aim - resize content to snap to a guide without changing aspect ratio

Problem - Using the shift constraint or linking Width/Height the snap to guide function doesn't work??

Can anyone help Please........

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

That is what I wrote you seem to want to double constrain transform you want it constrained transform to snap to guides and to constrain the transform aspect ratio to the current aspect ratio.  I believe you can not do that you may move the transform to snap coroners to one or two guide line then constrain the transforms aspect ratio. I do not think it is possible to have two constraints imposed on transform at once. It like ask you to pat your head with one hand and rub your stomach in a circle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me you want to constrain, constrain to snap to.   I think you need to do that in two steps.  Move the object transform till it snaps to your guides then press and hold shift and drag  corner to not snapped to a guide

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but Iv'e done that, but when I shift drag to resize and maintain the ratio, the guid snap doesn't snap. The snap to guide works fine when simple resizing, but I want to maintain the aspect of image.

Any other ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I wrote you seem to want to double constrain transform you want it constrained transform to snap to guides and to constrain the transform aspect ratio to the current aspect ratio.  I believe you can not do that you may move the transform to snap coroners to one or two guide line then constrain the transforms aspect ratio. I do not think it is possible to have two constraints imposed on transform at once. It like ask you to pat your head with one hand and rub your stomach in a circle with your other hand while one of your hands are tied behind your back.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JJMack, that makes it very clear, cheers. I'll have to re think my approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines