Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where's the "oscillating" effect?

Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in an earlier version of premiere, the one I learned video editing with, there was an effect that would make the image oscillate or undulate on the screen.  in the video I'm making now I have a fire image that I would like to oscillate as a fire, but i can't find it in premiere elements 10 mostly because I don't remember the name.  or is it because is not available in premiere elements 10?

thanks,

27sirena del mar

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earthquake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about what you want the effect to look like? Oscillate means to "move or swing back and forth at a regular speed."

Can you link us to a YouTube video that shows the effect you're trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's exactly it.  I want my still drawing of a fire to move or swing back and forth at a regular speed, so that it looks like a real fire.  I did it before with an earlier version of premiere, and I would like to do it again with this one.

27 sirena del mar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do it before? What effect did you use and on which version of the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the previous version of premiere, a few years back, the "oscillating"  was an effect that you applied to the image as you apply any effect: by sliding on to the image.  then you could choose the speed, and directions that the oscillation was to occur.  the word "sine" comes to mind as I write this, but I'm not sure what did it mean.  that's why I can't call it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many years back? Which version included an oscillating effect?

If I can see it, I can show you how to duplicate it -- but it's not in any of the versions I have on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wave Warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines