• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost a whole day of work - scripting?

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using RH9 on a large project. Also have RH11 and 12 (2015) but for the moment my question should focus on RH).

So far so good. Yesterday I have been working intensively on a bunch of pages (.htm)  by opening each page, inserting a

conditional tag (that named TODO) and left RH9 open over night thinking my changes were stored automatically.

This morning I found that I was logged out of the machine and had to restart RH9. All of my changes were gone.
When are changes stored in RH9? When you leave the app? Aren't they stored on the fly?

Anyway, it has happened and now I'm seeking for a faster way to add that conditional TAG into the .htm file.

Is there a way to insert something into the page quickly by, say one or two clicks? That way I can quickly glance at all pages once again, insert

that pattern and postprocess the files later with a batch grep/sed job.

And there isn't a TAG condition like "output ONLY what is tagged under this condition", is it?

--

Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you close RoboHelp it will prompt you to save any unsaved changes. I guess it defaults to not saving if you don't respond and the machine gets logged out.

The quickest way to apply a tag is to first open the User Defined Variables pod. Select the text and then drag the required UDV to the selected text. Is that what you are looking for?

I'm not clear on your last paragraph. Are you saying you want a tag whereby only that content is included in your output? See Includes on the page I pointed you to.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UDV-pod. Hmmm. Please help me. In RH9 I can see Tools-Scripts->UDV converter and UDV converter with UI. None opens my eyes in any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere on your screen you should see a tab User Defined Variables.

If you cannot see it, select the General workspace and I think it will show towards the bottom left corner. Workspaces in RoboHelp 9 are selected by clicking the triangle top right.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops. I meant to refer to the Conditional Build Tag tab, not UDV. Same action though, drag it onto the selected text.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp