• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What the heck is with the weak JPG Export options??

Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all in the title.. Why are there only 11 weaksauce options for jpg export!? no color model options, no output resolution options, no compression options....

I'm sincerely hoping this is another case of "adobe just didn't document the rest of the options"...

Anybody have any insight? Trying to export a document as jpg with the following settings:

RGB

maximum quality (10)

progressive

300ppi

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export JPEG option is only for the Save for Web kind of export, unfortunately. For the kind you want, the work-around is to use Actions! You will have to take your action string and replace the key pieces in it (in their format of hex encoding, etc) so that it saves in your desired spot. As this action would be a real 'one-timer', it would need to be loaded , played and removed for every export action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Silly.

Could you do me a huge favor and ball your hand up into a fist and shake it in Adobe's general direction. I've been trying that but it doesn't seem to be helping. Maybe if two of us try at the same time..

Is there documentation anywhere for building action strings? I've seen a lot of examples here but it all looks like swahili to me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I can help you out! I'll write a quick tutorial in a little bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines