Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving to photoshop, quality loss

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a total beginner with photoshop and lightroom and have been having a play around with both.

After touching up a photo on Lightroom, I decided to move it into photoshop to edit it. Upon opening photoshop I noticed that my image had severely lost quality and gained alot of brightness.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you end up in Photoshop with the image? Export (and if so, what settings) or Edit In Photoshop command (and if so, how is that setup in your preferences)>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via Edit In Photoshop.

The preferences tab shows:

Format: TIFF

Color Space: ProPhoto RGB

Bit: 16 bits/component

Res: 240

Compression: ZIP

Hope that is of some use as I have no clue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rossm4784065 wrote:

Via Edit In Photoshop.

The preferences tab shows:

Format: TIFF

Color Space: ProPhoto RGB

Bit: 16 bits/component

Res: 240

Compression: ZIP

Thanks

Seems fine. Now in Photoshop, check our Color Settings. Is everything set to Preserve (specifically in this case, RGB working space) with all warning check boxes on?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the settings are set to preserve as you said.

If I open the image through photoshop, it seems to retain the quality. It's just when I choose the edit in Photoshop option in Lightroom that the problem seems to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rossm4784065 wrote:

All of the settings are set to preserve as you said.

If I open the image through photoshop, it seems to retain the quality. It's just when I choose the edit in Photoshop option in Lightroom that the problem seems to occur.

Can you provide a screen capture of the Edit In dialog and an example of the quality issues you're speaking of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rossm4784065 wrote:

Photoshop CC's Color Settings & the Convert to Profile and Assign Profile command.

This new video covers everything you thought you wanted to know about the Photoshop Color Setting dialog. It also discusses the Convert to Profile Command and the Assign Profile Command. Photoshop CC 2017 is used in this video and it updates the video on this subject I Published on June 28, 2012.

High Rez: http://digitaldog.net/files/PhotoshopColorSettings.mp4

Low Rez (YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JaHOGDK5OI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines