• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to activate Photoshop CS5 Extended

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 installed and want to install CS5 Extended. It appears to install, but when I open Photoshop and check the serial number, it shows the serial number for CS5, not CS5 Extended?

I have tried to uninstall CS5, and reinstall CS5 Extended, but the same thing happens. I don't think I was able to fully uninstall CS5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

If it is a volume licence are you the holder of that licence?  If not you may need the holder of that licence to install Photoshop on your machine.  I actually do not know how volume licence's are handled and how products are installed for them.  You may want to do seme reaing first before calling Adobe Find information on Adobe's Volume Licensing plans

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a valid serial number for CS5 extended? A standard CS5 serial number will not transfer over to extended, it would have been a separate serial number.

You should not have to reinstall extended. Go to the help menu and choose "Deactivate" then when you relaunch reenter the new Extended serial number.

This link should help: Activate and deactivate Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. The deactivate button is grayed out on my CS5. How do make it so that I can deactivate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your two activations are in use and you can not deactivate them because of software or hardware failures you will not be able to activate a CS5 install without the help of Adobe customer support. The can help you activate your new CS5 install. Call or use chat you need Adobe's support not this user forum.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I guess I will have to call Adobe support as it is a volume license.

Does anyone know if there is a charge for their support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is a volume licence are you the holder of that licence?  If not you may need the holder of that licence to install Photoshop on your machine.  I actually do not know how volume licence's are handled and how products are installed for them.  You may want to do seme reaing first before calling Adobe Find information on Adobe's Volume Licensing plans

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines