• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images load with striation

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Has anyone seen this issue with fully loaded images? The thumbnails and previews are fine, but as soon as the image fully loads, it is striated. The raw files themselves are fine, and if I remove the images from Lightroom, restart, then reimport, they typically load perfectly (or I have to repeat the process a couple times to get them to load correctly). WHAT IS HAPPENING????? I've been using Lightroom for YEARS, and I've never had this issue. Working with a 2016 MacBook Pro, 5d Mark IV, Lightroom CC, and a Unitek card reader. Please tell me someone has a solution to this! I'm ready to pull my hair out!Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 2.37.29 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

No, I do not recommend specific card readers. I have not had a card reader for years now, and the ones I had came with the computer and lasted about 12 months before dying.

I'm hoping it's not the computer memory or hard disk, since the computer is 60 days old.

While I hope it's not that either, sometimes new computers have components that fail. The age of the computer doesn't rule out hard disk or memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted file. The cause of the corruption is some hardware malfunction. If you can repeat the process and get the photos to load properly, the problem may be the hard disk failing, or bad memory. In general, the problem can also be camera card, card read or USB cable/USB port.

I would run diagnostics on the computer memory and hard disk, and also investigate the transfer hardware and card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to isolate the problem. It's not the card, because it happens with all my cards--or it is, and they all somehow failed at the exact same time. I'm hoping it's not the computer memory or hard disk, since the computer is 60 days old. I'll start with card reader. Do you have a specific card reader you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not recommend specific card readers. I have not had a card reader for years now, and the ones I had came with the computer and lasted about 12 months before dying.

I'm hoping it's not the computer memory or hard disk, since the computer is 60 days old.

While I hope it's not that either, sometimes new computers have components that fail. The age of the computer doesn't rule out hard disk or memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it was the card reader. I tried importing directly from my camera, and they loaded perfectly. Thank you!! You saved my head from being hairless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this happen with old readers trying to read the newest cards. My old USB2 reader did not support my new UDMA7 class CF cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines