• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Insufficient disk space" when installing Premiere Elements 15 via Parallels

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the trial of the Windows version of Premiere Elements 15. I am running a Windows 10 Pro VM in Parallels on my Mac. I download the install file and double-click it. The progress bar fills up and then it says "Insufficient disk space. Please check minimum requirements and free up disk space to try again."

My WIndows 10 VM has 74 GB free, and the host Mac has 61 GB free.

I would really like to be able to install this software to try it out. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

I seem to have figured it out. It wasn't a space issue at all. The downloaded install file was being saved to a location on the host Mac. Even if I told the Premiere Elements installer to unpack it to a place on the C:\ drive it was failing with the "insufficient space" error. This happens before the install itself began. It seems Adobe products unpack and then install.

Here's how I resolved this:

In the Windows 10 virtual machine, I created a C:\Temp folder. I then copied the install file to that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

74 gigs of free space? That's a pretty tight fit, Mike.

Assuming that space is defragmented, you should still be able to at least install the program. But even if you can, I'm not sure that gives you much breathing room. Video editing needs room to work.

With so little free space, you'd be wiser to get rid of the Parallels partition, reclaim that hard drive space and just install the Mac version of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response, but shouldn't 74 gigs be enough to at least install the software? The system requirements states 5GB free space for the install, 15GB free if you want all the optional content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but shouldn't 74 gigs be enough to at least install the software?

Maybe, but you may have problems running it even if you do get it installed.  Can you make more room or get a larger drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why do YOU think it says there's insufficient space, Slingload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug? Technical issue? I don't know. That's why I posted here to ask others if they know a fix for this issue. I do understand that I will want more free space to do any video editing, but I'm just trying to install the Premiere Elements 15 trial to check out the interface.

This happens when I double-click the install file. The progress bar gets almost to the end and then the error is displayed. It doesn't even complete file extraction and start the actual install.

Are the system requirements incorrect? "5GB of available hard-disk space to install applications; additional 10GB to download all optional content."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have figured it out. It wasn't a space issue at all. The downloaded install file was being saved to a location on the host Mac. Even if I told the Premiere Elements installer to unpack it to a place on the C:\ drive it was failing with the "insufficient space" error. This happens before the install itself began. It seems Adobe products unpack and then install.

Here's how I resolved this:

In the Windows 10 virtual machine, I created a C:\Temp folder. I then copied the install file to that folder and ran it from there. It asked me for a location to unpack the file (it defaults to a folder on the host Mac) and I pointed it to the C:\Temp folder. It unpacked and then installed without any further issues. I was able to launch it and edit a video.

Thanks for the responses. They made me think outside the box and try additional things. Hope this helps others who may experience this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i have been having the same issue .. i have a windows 10 on asus X555L...I have tried freeing up the space but nothing works...could you suggest a solution ... i kinda need it real urgent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have to uninstall things you don't really want or use.  Priorities!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines