• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reusable element library for AE?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating some animations with simple characters that have elements I'd like to reuse. How do you set up that kind of library? For Instance: Eyes & mouths. Do you recompose the elements? is that the best way - if you want to be able to animate the element, let's say, an eye blink - but you want to have an untouched / clean version that is totally reusable?

And what size do you make the elements? Do you make them the to thesize of the main composition> A little eye - in a 1920 x 1080 composition? I come from an illiustrator background. So I'm a little confused about how to begin to set this up. Can anyone suggest any learning resources? Many thanks - and apologies - maybe I'm being too vague about my goal? Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... you again.

you can precompose these animations, crop them to the size so it will be easier to manage from the main comp. and control them through time remapping from the main comp. you can also get fancy and use markers. here's an example: Dan Ebberts's Expressioneering Design Guide  if you require lip syncing I would recommend this tutorial: 003 Using Time Remapping for Lip-sync on Vimeo

might be some good tutorials out there for more useful character animation advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for these links! The lip synch is great - the other - I will need some time to absorb! Having just learned to remap yesterday that link you gave me is perfecto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In many cases, I make precomps the smallest size they can be. For cases like you describe, for example. Now, there are some times when you want your precomps to be the same size as the main comp, but I don't think this one of those times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just discovered the Trim comps to area of interest so thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines