• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 Importing with no Audio (But has audio in VLC player)

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm importing a video and audio file (recorded with xsplit as I record most of my vlogs) and it is importing into After Effects without sound (no audio speakerphone button, no wavelengths, etc).

I've already emptied my Media Cache Files Folder with no luck.

Recording a few test videos on xsplit to see if it was that, but they are importing fine & with audio.

Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this type of problem when I recorded my screen captures through icecream recorder software. I told them and they fixed it. if you have audio through VLC, I recommend you convert the file through VLC and see if that fixes it. I believe it's something through the conversion process that produces this type of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless your'e sure the conversion process through VLC won't add further compression to your video, you could consider sending the file through Adobe Media Encoder to just get the audio output as a WAV file. Then just plop that into AE along with the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines