• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to upgrade from LR 5 to 6 on this PC.

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased LR 6 some time ago to get RAW compatibility for my Sony A7R II.  It is installed on a different computer and LR 5.7 is installed on this one.  I want to upgrade to 6 on this computer.  I can't seem to get past the Creative Cloud to get 'er done.  I know it is ignorance on my part, but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Both LR CC and 6 are exactly the same program. Same download, same files get installed on your system. The difference comes from how you sign in.

So download the CC version, install it, then when you Sign In with your Adobe ID that is NOT Associated with a Subscription plan it will ask you to input the Serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any messages?

Where exactly does it stop?

The OS needs to be 64-Bit to be able to install LR6.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both LR CC and 6 are exactly the same program. Same download, same files get installed on your system. The difference comes from how you sign in.

So download the CC version, install it, then when you Sign In with your Adobe ID that is NOT Associated with a Subscription plan it will ask you to input the Serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines