• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to compile HTML help

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 7.0 on Windows XP. All of the sudden, last week, I start getting the following error when I try to compile "Fatal Error: Unexpected error from Microsoft HTML compiler." I've read the other posts regarding this error and deleted the .CPD file multiple times and tried to compile again still with no success. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and not had any better results. The other author in my office can check the project out of RoboSource and compile it fine. I have it on my local drive when trying to compile.

I'd appreciate any ideas. It doesn't make sense that is something in the project since my other author can compile it fine.

Thanks,

Nita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nita,

Do you have any other RoboHelp projects that you can try compiling? This may help to determine whether there's something slightly askew about this particular project — sounds unlikely if your colleague can compile without error — or whether the problem lies in your RoboHelp installation.

I'd also recommend that you run MJ's Help Diagnostics, available from the address below. This will verify that all the HTML Help viewer and compiler components are properly installed and registered on your machine.

http://helpware.net/downloads/index.htm#MJs

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete,

Thanks for the ideas. However, I'm more confused than ever after trying them! Isn't that the way it goes? Compiling another project worked fine on my machine (first point of confusion). Ran MJ's help diagnostic tool and tried to compile the problem project - still errors. Rats. The report from the diagnostic said to try to run after running the report. I assume that means that the diagnostic tool corrects any issues it finds.

Next idea?

Thanks,

Nita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nita.
You said you "have it on my local drive when trying to compile." Does that mean it was always on a local drive or was moved from a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Colum,

It has always been on the local machine although it is also in RoboSource. In trying to resolve the issue last week I renamed my local copy and got the entire project from RoboSource trying to see if that would change anything.

Thanks,

Nita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp