• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare does not show up in tools, how can I add it?

Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all, I am trying to compare 2 documents and the training is perfect online but I don't have a compare tick in tools.  Do I not have the right version of Adobe Acrobat DC?

Thanks,

Kris

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I am going to move this from the non-technical Lounge forum to the appropriate Acrobat forum.

Do I not have the right version of Adobe Acrobat DC?

What version of Adobe Acrobat DC do you have? Compare is available in both DC Classic and Continuous.

Compare two versions of a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.

There are a couple of ways to find it. One is in the menu shown below, the other is to type "Compare" in the search tools box.

Acrobat Pross_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarbBinder.  I have checked properties for my Adobe Acrobat DC and that is all the description there is.  Is there another way I can find out if this is Classic or Continuous?  I followed the trace you provided and it did not show the compare files options, but I do not have Adobe Pro.  Thanks again for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help > About Acrobat. This will tell you whether you have Classic (basically, the old frozen permanent license) or Continuous (the more up to date subscription version).

Now visit Compare two versions of a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat. again armed with knowing which one you have, as there are two separate instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, it is Help > About Acrobat.

VMware Fusionss_004.png

VMware Fusionss_005.png

If you are on a Mac, it is Acrobat Pro > About Acrobat Pro DC.

Acrobat Pross_002.png

Acrobat Pross_003.png

I've got both installed. I noticed on my Windows version (Classic) that Compare doesn't appear in the menu, but I can get to it by typing the tool name in the Tool search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare may be not available in the Standard edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, compare is a Pro only feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I tell if I have Pro installed? I have the "Continuous Release" and I'm supposed to have Pro... but I only see a few tools and Compare isn't one of them! I went to use it today and was disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... I've accessed my profile online and everything is saying I have Pro (except the app iteself). Compare is NOWHERE to be seen - not even in the online tools. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have Pro (cloud version) and Compare doesn't not appear in Tools. It doesn't come up when I search either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here - have Pro I know that I had to raise the order.  But no compare documents in the cloud version.  Due to organisational permission I cannot download the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!  I have the Classic version and that got me the info I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines