• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrated to a new Mac and PS will not install. Says it does, but does not.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just migrated my files to a new Mac. But, when I try to install PhotoShop, it goes from 0% to 100% in seconds. CC says it's installed, then goes back to the default mode of click to install. How do I install PS on my new Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac? What OS? What version of Photoshop? Are there any older versions of Photoshop on the Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so fast!

iMac 21.5 4K. 3.1GHz 8GB

Sierra 10.12.3

Trying to run CC 2017. Yes, I do have an old CS5 version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the old CS5 and I am still having the same issue. I tried downloading a couple of other Adobe apps and had no issue. It is only the PS app. Dead in the water and I need to get things done. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Theresa,

When I try that, I get the message "Couldn't uninstall CC for Desktop. You still Have CC applications installed on your computer that require it." So, I figured that meant I need to uninstall all CC apps on my computer (that I currently pay for). But... I uninstalled them on my other old computer; so now the uninstall apps that were in the Adobe utility folder are all gone, because they were deleted automatically after the uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines