• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying A-Master

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my A-Master page and edited the size of a rectangle filled with white.  I applied this new master to a page and it kept the white rectangle at the size of the A-Master rather than the size I gave it in the new master.  Did I do something wrong, is my computer playing tricks on me or is this a reproducible bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I do something wrong

yes

when you copy a master... right click and duplicate it as A-Master-copy (you can change the name) then apply that new master page and publish the site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99% certain that is what I did.  I should have said "duplicated the A-Master to make a new master."  I wouldn't know how else to "copy" a master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about about screenshots or a reduced file with your issue. We are not Harry Potter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I have deleted the master page that had the problem and I'm not sure I'll be able to reproduce it, but I'll try when I have time.  Right now I need to finish the web page. : )

By the way, what is the simplest way to share a project file with this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show the site on a preview-businesscatalyst.com site, upload a musefile into dropbox or something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, what is the simplest way to share a project file with this forum?

most of us just upload the .muse file to our Adobe cloud then you can share it as public or just one other person as needed but drop box is another option too

Screenshot (751).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines