• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Preference Settings doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear reader, I need help because I really don't know what to do. I just bought new notebook for learning and working on photoshop, but I have some problems.

I'm using Windows10 64 Bit, Photoshop CC verison 2017.0.1 release.

not- My notebook has *Tablet Mood* maybe all problem coming from here?

When I'm opening Photoshop all interface, fonts and tools were too small, I attempted to change all the settings from "Preference" the "Interface: Color Theme" also "Text: UI Language, UI Font Size, UI Scaling" but all settings that I have changed they have not changed. Also when I'm trying to change  "Window: Workspace" All modes give me this error *Could not apply the workspace because the file could not be found.*

What I need to do to solved this problem?

Anyut

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set UI scaling to 200%. That's the only relevant preferences setting here. The default Auto setting should pick up your screen resolution, but sometimes it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your attention D Fosse.

It doesn't change anything when I set UI Scaling 200%, even the Colors Theme are not working, just  not changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What laptop do you have.

Whats its screen resolution?

What video card is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your attention jbm007.

Here are my notebook properties

Aspire R5-571T

Windows 10

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz  2.40GHz

Installed - RAM 8,00GB

System type - 64-bit operating system, x4-based processor

Screen size - 39.6 cm (15.6")

Screen resolution - 1920 x 1080

Graphics decice - Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Multi-touch Screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is strange that Preferences changes are having no impact. Just a thought - after each change are you clicking on "OK" then closing down and re-starting Photoshop?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davescm

Well, of course I'm clicking "OK" button after each changing.

Here how all looks like

screens.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...then closing down and re-starting Photoshop?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry for asking the obvious - but sometimes users do not realise that it is necessary to both click OK and restart Photoshop.

The two screenshots you provided show that the Photoshop preferences are changing your UI size. The only two settings are 100% and 200% (auto just picks one of those two automatically). There is no in -between setting (although many have requested it).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davescm​

Yes after clicking "OK" I am restart Photoshop.

When I set Interface Auto or 100% they are same small size, and it's really hard to work, I couldn't see anything. You can see in image that I attached, 200% interface is frightfully for designer, there isn't much space to work.

I couldn't understand why in Illustrator Interface is good but in Photoshop its different.

What else I could do to solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Illustrator preferences show that 100% , 150% and 200% scaling is supported. Unfortunately in Photoshop only 100% and 200% are currently supported.

See the link below in which 150% scaling has been requested and to which Adobe responded that they are working on the issue

Photoshop cc 2017: UI scaling needs 150% | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks davescm​

I read this article but my notebook Screen Mode is Full HD.

I changed the settings as the said jbm007​ but that changed all my PS interface, I don't need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated all your system drivers since you got your laptop?

Nice kit, wondering if it could be system related:

Product support

You could also select the PS icon and under compatibility select "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines