• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building Actions

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used actions very much but I'm setting up an action for a few steps that I don't want to take the time setting up all the time. The one I'm working on right now is Frequency Separation. When I record my action I am using Layer 1 and then go through my steps from there. if the layer that I start from says layer 1 all is fine, but if I try to set this up from an image that the layer says background or anything else it doesn't like it. I don't know how to set this up so that it will always work no matter what the layer is named. Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

If you have PS CC:

Add a new action to the existing set, that contains a single step that renames the Background layer, to "Layer 1".

Then insert a conditional step at the beginning of your core action (to do so, click the actions panel menu button, and select "Insert Conditional"). Then:

- Choose the condition "Layer is Background" from the "If Current" menu.

- Select your new little action from the "Then Play Action" menu.

- Leave the "None" option, in the "Else Play Action" menu

If you have PS CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have PS CC:

Add a new action to the existing set, that contains a single step that renames the Background layer, to "Layer 1".

Then insert a conditional step at the beginning of your core action (to do so, click the actions panel menu button, and select "Insert Conditional"). Then:

- Choose the condition "Layer is Background" from the "If Current" menu.

- Select your new little action from the "Then Play Action" menu.

- Leave the "None" option, in the "Else Play Action" menu

If you have PS CS6 or older:

Insert the Flatten Image command at the beginning of your action. Then edit the action so that it starts from the Background layer.

Kind regards

Panos Efstathiadis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up the action same as you are now, except use:

• Alt/Opt + [ or ] to move back/forward one layer
  • Alt/Opt + Shift + [ or ] to add one layer back/forward to the active selection
  • Ctrl/Cmd + [ or ] to move a layer down or up one

This will take any layer name referencing out of the equation, and replace it with "move active selection/layer by one"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my frequency separation action, I used a layer set and an explicitly named layer, so it does not matter if the original is a flattened image or if it has one or more layers as this is creating a non destructive copy and is not dependent on the original layer names/structure.

Dropbox - Frequency Splitter v2B.atn.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just uploaded a new version of the action:

Dropbox - Frequency Splitter v3 Conditional.atn.zip

This version includes a conditional action step, so that you don’t have to think about matching the action to the document bit depth. Simply play the “Conditional Run” action and the appropriate action will be automatically played:

conditional.png

In each of the L+H Freq. actions, I have included two steps at the end to remove the layer set folder if you prefer to simply have the layers above the original image with no layer set. Simply “tick/check” the disabled playback icons to enable these two optional steps:

options.png

Apart from these minor changes, the actual frequency separation steps remain unchanged from the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines