Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Audio Editing Software

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm trying to capture a demonstration of audio editing software, which while in use, plays back audio clips as you play different segments of a sound clip. When I try recording a demonstration, I can record my voice from my microphone, but I cannot capture the audio generated by the audio software. Anyone have any recommendations for how to capture the audio from the editing software?

Thanks,
Mark
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

Perhaps Applian FreeCorder is the ticket you are looking for.

Click here to visit the site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm assuming that you're suggesting recording the sounds with FreeCorder, then import the results as audio tracks within Captivate?

Have you used FreeCorder before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

Yes and Yes! Actually, FreeCorder is a very handy utility to have in your stable. It can capture sounds that are otherwise impossible. For example, my laptop sound card is "sucky" according to TechSmith (Makers of SnagIt). As a result, I can't enable the options in Captivate to record system sounds. But FreeCorder lets me!

Check it out. And you can't beat the price!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I'd be interested to learn more about "the options in Captivate to record system sounds." Just peeked around and didn't see a system setting for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

It could be you are in the same boat as I am. Try clicking Audio > Settings and see if you have a disabled (some call it grayed out) area to the right side of the Input Source section of the dialog.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently my sound card fits into the same category as yours, even though my system exceeds the system requirements for Captivate 3 (below). Have you seen any information on sound requirements for Captivate 3?

System Requirements
● Intel® Pentium 4, Intel Centrino®, Intel Xeon®, or Intel Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
● Microsoft® Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, or Windows Vista™ Home Premium,
Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)
● 512 MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
● 700 MB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
● DVD-ROM drive
● 800 X 600 screen resolution (1,024 x 768 recommended)
● Internet or phone connection required for product activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, none that I'm aware of.

However, keep in mind that it's simply the ability to record System Audio that seems to be errant. And if you read the information on the Applian site, they state that the FreeCorder is able to capture system sound from sound cards (read that "hardware") that doesn't really support it. I'm not sure how they do it, but it's nice they can!

So while some may have the ability, if the hardware itself doesn't support it, I don't suppose we can blame Adobe, eh?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. My beef with Adobe at this point is this....

If they knew that some systems might not support system audio, and they knew made the effort to program the system to disable this option for some users, they should have documented it. I'm going through the help files and the knowledge base and I'm getting squat.

Thanks for your help on this. Have a good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freecorder did the trick. Very elegant. Creates a separate sound file for each sound that emanates from the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks, very informative post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources