• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the duration of a group of stills in PE12 Mac

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have created an album in PS12. I then click Edit with PE. All stills export ok as 2secs. But I cannot change the duration of the stills to 3 secs. I have tried      setting PE preference to 120  before importing anything                       change slide duration in slide show in PS to 4 secs                       tried selecting all stills in timeline and tried to use Time stretch ( it works with a small number, but on all , doesn't display the current length , to allow you            to change it, which suggests they may not all be same length but PS set this!                       looked at forums which seem to imply select all should work                       checked Steve' book But nothing works. Chris                      

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may be talking about the Organizer rather than Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements. Is that right?

You description seems to jump around from a discussion of an album in PS12 to still duration on the timeline. And then later you return to talking about Photoshop? Maybe we should focus on one step at a time.

How are you getting your selected stills from your Organizer album to your Premiere Elements timeline?

In your Premiere Elements preferences, on the General page, what is your Still Duration set to?

What is the height and width of your photos, as measured in pixels?

Are you in the NTSC (North America) or PAL TV standard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve Thanks for quick reply. Sorry I was a bit too cryptic in my description. ORGANISER Started with an Album of stills ( 1280x960) in the Organiser ( about 500!) ( i still think of it as PS!). I then the stills, and clicked PREMIERE ELEMENTS All the stills were exported to PE12 timeline OK. I had already set Duration in the General settings in PE to 120 ( what is precise number for 3 secs). They appeared as 2 secs , with transition, in the PE  timeline. Don't mind the transition. Tried all things I listed to change the duration in the Timeline , but too avail. I am in PAL HD land, and I resized the stills to 1280x960 before putting into the Album. I set PAL AVCHD in Settings in PE, though never quite sure what to do here, as I use AVCHD for my video format on the camera for video. Hope thats a bit clearer Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Further input....It seems that if I select say about 6 at a time, its ok. Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set the Still Image Duration by frames not seconds. How many frames are you setting the still image duration for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve I am setting it to 90, assuming 30fps is correct. This worked ok when starting with totally new project, but my problem may be that even though info says if you clear all assets, you can change the duration in  /Preferences/ General, I am not sure it did. I did an experiment and it didn't. So I now have the three projects I am working on all ok. Thanks. Still not sure why /Select all/ Time Stretch didn't work except for a small number of stills, i am ok. Thanks Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines