• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported files not displayed in number order in Project Assets?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just changed with my latest project.

Have imported files (both AVI & JPG) in consecutively numbered groups from folders on my PC and previously they have simply transferred into Project Assets in the same number order (which is equivalent to chronological order and is most useful). However in my current project the groups of files seem to be randomly shuffled before being displayed in Project Assets which necessitates transferring them one-by-one to the timeline in order to return them to chronological order. This seems crazy and has not happened before.

Is there a setting for the ordering of imported files in Project Assets that may have changed for some reason?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're using.

But try setting the Project Assets panel to List View, and then click on the "Name" header in the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PE15

What you suggest does 'retrospectively' sort the entire Project Assets list into strict numerical order but imported files still arrive shuffled. Your solution isn't ideal because for this project I am using three separate sources of Assets each with their own sequence and the global sort just separates them out when I prefer to have them intermingled in chronological order.

I am just baffled as to why when always previously a selected group of (say) five sequential files have been selected they have appeared in the Project Assets in exactly the same sequence and now they arrive randomly shuffled out of order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines