• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to InDesign: How to prevent imported text from flowing to a new page created on the same spread

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Preparing a book for my thesis. Currently have about 211 Pages / 106 2-page spreads in my document; however at the 98-99 spread, when I push the text down, instead of flowing into the next spread, it creates a new page in the same spread and the text flows into there instead. So basically I'm left with a 3-page spread and if I keep pushing down the text it will just repeat by creating a 4th page on the same spread.

How can I prevent this spread from creating new pages when I want the text to flow into the next spread?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you make your page size? It should be the size of the final single page.

Did you create a document with facing pages as it should be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen this article on how to link text boxes:

Thread text among frames in Adobe InDesign

It may take you a couple of tries but it sounds like the facing page text box isn't linked anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pages Panel menu:

Check whether these options are checked.

seitenanordnung.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines