• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate tracking/kerning in InDesign to fit text in fixed size frame

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to automate tracking/kerning (or any other approach to achieve it)?

Here's my example:

I have a set text frame size with text that need to align on either side.

When the text is edited, the proper spaces should be applied to fit evenly with text frame [regardless if there's more or less text].

See screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 10.52.00 AM.png

This scenario repeats itself in multiple instances (with different text) in a publication, so doing it manually is very tedious.

If there's anyone that can help me out on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Fully justified. And probably also change the settings for optimum and maximum letter spacing and word spacing in Justification from the Paragraph or Control panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried fully justified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully justified. And probably also change the settings for optimum and maximum letter spacing and word spacing in Justification from the Paragraph or Control panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I just got the same answer from Bob! Great minds think alike. Your added idea of setting the justification maximum spacing is the icing on the cake! Thanks guys for the quick reply.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't think of it! 😉 I guess it does the trick, however it doesn't space the letters properly, just spaces between words, but I guess it's good enough for many instances. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the justification settings to adjust letterspacing optimum and maximum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines