• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse making image files way to large

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through today dropping file sizes on any images for my site, load time has been total crap since i started using muse.

Largely my fault for using such high quality huge file size images rushing to get things built.

How ever I have noticed that muse is taking my images when i have different opcaity levels and, for example

A texture file i am using as back ground images for div boxes Normaly a 64kb jpeg file, muse is saving it as a png after resizing and the file size becomes 750kb

Another normally a 75kb jpeg file becomes a 1,5meg png

Cannot find a setting anywhere to stop this. What can i do to make this not happen other than just not use opacity on images.

I mean shouldnt it but using css to do the opactiy anyway? not a massive see through png file

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anonr,

Please go through this article Using images and other objects in Adobe Muse  for the most efficient ways to use imported graphics in Muse. It should give you the correct idea about what could be going wrong with your files.

I would suggest that you optimize the files outside of Muse in a graphics editor before you import them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but i dont think you even fully read my question, this link you provided does not even touch on the issue i am having. so one more time, i will try to make it as simple a possible.

My files are already optimized ( as stated above ) I import a 22kb texture file to fill a div box. I then make the div box transparent (roughly 75%) I export my site. Muse takes my 22kb texture jpeg, and converts it into a png file where the image it self has 75% capacity. the resulting file ends up roughly 1.5mb

My question is this

Can i make the translucency of the div box happen with CSS not with the image file.

My entire web page loads almost instantly, then 45 seconds to a min 30 later the HUGE png texture files for the div boxes load SLOWLY

Preran​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The JPG format doesn't support transparency. Therefore Muse has to convert these kind of images to PNGs, what causes far heavier files.

And: I would suggest you, to be a little bit more polite. I am sure, that Preran read your posting precisely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wasnt meant to be rude first off, you just took it that way. but yes i feel my question was not fully read. Now as I am still saying and am still not being heard.....

I know jpg files cant be transparent

how ever if i were to hand code this

div {
  opacity: 0.5;

}

=O and all of a sudden my div box being transparent has NOTHING to do with file type what so ever...... WHICH IS WHAT IVE BEEN STRESSING THE WHOLE TIME

Have used this in the past many times to make div boxes transparent , including when i am using a jpeg image as the back ground of the divbox

Being muse is an intuitive program made to create code from inputs SURELY there has to be a way to have a div boxes back ground become transparent through css not image file opacity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i guess the real question must be, Is muse made in a way to use opacity via CSS or only via extremely large oversized files that renders the opacity features within muse 100% useless for any serious web developer????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"… WHICH IS WHAT IVE BEEN STRESSING THE WHOLE TIME …"

You should take into account, that not all participants here are native English speakers.

What I did to reproduce your issue:

• I placed a red coloured rectangle.

• On top of this I paced another rectangle and filled it with an image (format: JPG) in original size (250 x 130 px).

• I used the "Fill" link in the upper control strip to reduce the transparency of this image filled rectangle to 40 %.

• I exported the site as HTML, and had a look at the image, exported to the "images" folder.

• Result: The JPG is still a JPG. and is has exactly(!) the same size as the original image (250 x 130 px; 94.276 bytes)

Did I get you wrong?

Look at this sample .muse file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7046655/Transparency-test.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! this is what I am doing here to the tee, But when it makes the image transparent it converts it to png and doe it that way, how did you get it to stay jpeg, I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran your muse file everything looked right inside, i exported images are jpeg when i view source image in browser it links to a non transparent image. everything is perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"… I cannot for the life of me figure it out."

Now, let me re-phrase, what you said: "I am sorry but i don’t think you even fully read my [answer]!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asure you I did, You have done what I have done on every page I made, I even went back into my site made a new page put only the div box and filled it with the jpeg, it still exports as png. I promise i did what you did step by step, there must be some setting for this tucked off in an odd place.

Also what version are running just to make sure I am on 2017.0.1.11 CL 802484

Just wondering if we are running different versions that may be causing the differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a simple site as I did, upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar service, and post the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a new one it works as it should.

It is my main site where this is not working properly

Here take a look at one of the pages that are doing it I can upload the muse file for that if you like.

I see no point in uploading a fresh test site where everything worked right.

It is only 2 images doing this in my whole page, but its my 2 main texture images for the div boxes

Global News

You can see on this page the grey and red textured div boxes load extremely slow

the main page Anon Resistance News  have no transparency everything stays a jpeg

Over here on this article #OpMyanmar **Exclusive Interview** with K3yhol3~Sec the background image does as it should. Jpeg file, still transparent **WARNING** If you actually go through and look at these pages the Myanmar article contains some graphic images one of which is at the top , just thought id let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.filedropper.com/arn2  sorry this is the dl link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? Please: A small test site! Should really be no issue for a "serious web developer" to isolate one or two of your "badly" behaving elements, I personally are not willing, to run through tons of elements within a ready made project, isolate a potential issue, answer to that, wait for your reply and so on. This is my last posting here, if you don’t supply a small .muse document showing your issue.

Cooperate or not …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I stated, everything works fine in a small test site, So i cannot show you the error doing that. To show the error in a muse file I will have to give you one where the error is actually happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you care to actually look at the issue you can find one of the pages on the global news section the red and grey div boxes used as back ground to almost every box on the page, its not hard to find

If this is to much for you ,anyone else willing to take a look Thank you in advance

For now i guess transparency is a virtually useless feature in my site since i am not going to rebuild it from scratch to cut the errors out. I maybe get 6-8 hours a week to work on this project.

The pages where this issue is occurring are constantly changing and being updated within muse, so hard coding the css after the fact is just not an option as it would have be run through every update thus defeating the entire purpose of continuing to use muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines