• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects eating up all my RAM memory

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, i have 8gb RAM and after effects for some reason is eating up everything.

im using CC 2014 and i dont think it was supposed to use all the RAM i have considering it says in Adobe site that 4GB is the minimum and 8GB is the requirement.

If 8gb is the requirement, i guess it should have no lag or anything if im using 7gb.  however i cant preview anything due to lag. today i created a new sequence and put a video in it, and i couldnt preview it because it would be in slow motion on something. i didnt even add any effects or anything.

i already tried increasing the memory reserved for AE as well as increasing cache size to 100gb in my HD. i also tried to enable CUDA but for some reason it said my graphic card does not have cuda or something ( which it does )

can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like exact comp and preview settings, kinds of footage and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i3 4170 3.7ghz -> processor

GTX 750Ti -> graphic card

2x4gb Hyperx Fury -> RAM

Windows 7 64 bits

thats my system information. my preview settings is 1/4 quality, using 1494mb (  max ) for Texture Memory. Ray tracing is GPU (used to be CPU but wasnt work either) 

the memory settings i use is : 1,5gb reserved for other aplications and 6,4gb shared by After Effects and Premiere.

the footage i'm currently using is a .mov 10 second movie. however i tried using .mp4 .avi and many others, but the lag persists.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your graphics driver settings. I vaguely remeber the 750 Ti always causing some weird screen refresh issue that drags down overall preview speeds. Perhaps you have enabled forced V-sync or use a specific optimized game preset.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If 8gb is the requirement, i guess it should have no lag or anything if im using 7gb

Not really.

It may be the minimum requirement to run it, but you need more RAM than that to run it comfortably.

What are the rest of your system specs?  That will likely also be a factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i3 4170 3.7ghz -> processor

GTX 750Ti -> graphic card

2x4gb Hyperx Fury -> RAM

Windows 7 64 bits

thats my system specs..

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines