• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save Photos to Documents Folder

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old computer died, I had Photoshop CS2 with Windows 7 and it worked great.  My new computer came with Windows 10 and I downloaded CS2 from the Adobe website onto my new computer.  I'm used to CS2 so I wanted to stick with it.  Now, whenever I try to save a photo from Photoshop to the C:\Users\Cheryl\Documents folder, I get the error message: "You don't have permission to save in this location.  Contact the Administrator to obtain permission.  Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead?"  I am able to save to the Pictures folder and re-copy elsewhere, but I want to save to the Documents folder like I always did with Windows 7 and never had a problem.

Under C:\Users\Cheryl\Documents, when I click on Properties, Security, Advanced, it shows that I am the owner with full control.  There is also an Administrator shown with full control.  But I am shown as the owner, and I log in as myself.  So I do have permission.  I have run Photoshop as Administrator and tried to save photos but I get the same error message.  In the Microsoft forum, someone mentioned they have Photoshop Elements and Windows 10 and there are no problems saving to the Documents folder.  I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or my CS2 has an issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

If CS2 is installed correctly on your windows 10 system and your use id  premission on your usesr id document folder is set correctlt to all you to write into the folder CS2 should have no problem saving into your documents folder.   I do NOT have a problem like you have.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If CS2 is installed correctly on your windows 10 system and your use id  premission on your usesr id document folder is set correctlt to all you to write into the folder CS2 should have no problem saving into your documents folder.   I do NOT have a problem like you have.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines