• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All photoshop versions are crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I start, thank you in advance. Copied from another forum post. I hope anyone here will be able to help.

I got a big problem. Photoshop keeps crashing and I tried alot of things that were suggested on the web. Resetting preferences, reinstalling, removing plugins/fonts, enable/disable Graphics/ Processor/open GL and disable auto save feature. I used photoshop cc, cs6 32/64bit version. Does anyone have any idea what could be the case?

Edit: this happened recently, I have been using ps for atleast 8 years

Edit: It doesnt crash if I just open it, mostly during the drawing (using the tablet) after 5-60 minutes. If i go away for some hours it doesn't crash at all.

Edit: I use win10 and updating my tablet drivers did indeed stop the crashing for a day.

Edit: I did several test for my ram. No problems were shown.

Edit: Tried replugging the tablet before and during photoshop. Nothing happened.

Looked into my event folder: I have no idea what it means..

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000001721135

Faulting process ID: 0x3bb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27b48d06953dd

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Report ID: f39cfed5-196c-4000-948e-8306110769f6

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micksolee,

Please create another user account on your windows machine and check the Photoshop version there, also update the graphics drivers from the manufacture website.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also update Photoshop. You have 13.0.0.0

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1.3 update for CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using file to update cs6, it didn't update.

Even If this would work, photoshop cc doesn't work and crashes aswell. Like, does it matter that I have 2015? I see no point on paying if this problem percists.

Any help is appreciated, though this is getting frustated.

I got mail saying that I could contact someone with skype. Is this a legit person (Clive Davey.Adobe) or someone trying to hack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Micksolee wrote:

Any help is appreciated, though this is getting frustated.

I got mail saying that I could contact someone with skype. Is this a legit person (Clive Davey.Adobe) or someone trying to hack?

I'll do some digging around...

No one is supposed to be contacting you via Skype. All questions are answered in this forum. Ignore it.

If you have CC 2015, you can open a chat with Adobe Customer Care. They are Adobe Support, we are User to User Support.

Contact Customer Care   They have the resources to look at your Mac and can really help.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned you have CC 2015.  CC 2017.0.1 is now the latest and part of your subscription.

Install it (you may keep CC 2015) and see if it works.

Plugins and System fonts can cause problems. Look at this guide and see if you can eliminate that cause.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the latest version of 2017, to see if I would DC.

This came out of the windows event viewer. Disableing plugins/fonts, yes done it aswell.

It was over roughly 2 hours of drawing using a tablet I dc'ed. Perhaps any problems, caused by the tablet that would make photoshop crash? It's up to date ofcourse. I use a intuos 4 PTK 840. I don't crash when photoshop is openend (for Hours).

Faulting application name: Adobe Spaces Helper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x583e8a7d

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1347.0, time stamp: 0x572d0cf0

Fault offset: 0x0000000002656a65

Faulting process ID: 0xf4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27c7018af6a2a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces\libcef.dll

Report ID: 89a21009-dd92-4b70-9706-6a84a78c2e86

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if going to Edit>Preferences>General, unchecking Show Messages and restarting photoshop makes any difference.

R_Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running SFC/ SCANNOW  from the command prompt run  command prompt with "administrative right" see if it brings up any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems were found with any possible corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Trend Micro products installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If am correct this is a specific internet security program or all inti virus programs in general? If its the second option, then I only have malwarebythe and Mcafee securtity Scan Plus as anti virus programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spaces crashing is a separate issue from Security or AV programs. Either the above fix helps or simply placing a tilde before the Spaces folder.

libcef.dll as a faulting module points to windows not being updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read some solution about putting a tilde infront of certain files or maps. However, I'm not completely sure what to do. I put a ~ infront of the security programs folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go: Photoshop CC 2017: Adobe Spaces Helper crash | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Same crash report as you gave.

Put the tilde here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\~Spaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to run a program called CCleaner to clean up your registry file.

CCleaner - The world's most popular PC cleaner & optimization tool - Piriform

Something is buggered up on your machine, and your windows registry is not sorting things out properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put a tilde infront of the spaces map.

Tried using a different tablet.

No trend micro programs installed, atleast of the ones am aware of.

If I would ask someone from the adobe support to help me with these problems are there costs attached to it. Or do I have the rights as paying customer for technician.

Here are some more crash logs:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.1.29, time stamp: 0x583e911d

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.1.29, time stamp: 0x583e911d

Fault offset: 0x0000000007f6dc35

Faulting process ID: 0x1c48

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27ce1f6167f9e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Report ID: 11622e9e-4022-4153-8f38-1bcbb6cf6f83

-----

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.1.29, time stamp: 0x583e911d

Faulting process ID: 0x14a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27cdc8d6821c7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Report ID: 6ae43df1-4ebf-44d8-b5ad-8fbd11d275a5

-----

Faulting process ID: 0x2ea4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27cdff3c6e036

Report ID: deb881fb-9b4d-40bc-9e0f-76032e1f773e

-----

Faulting process ID: 0x1a60

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27cd8348be15f

Report ID: 8527c0be-a510-4862-ab95-8a5094d85311

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Care Chat is absolutely free and a part of your subscription. I'm out of ideas and they can best help you.

Give them as much detail as you can.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used CCleaner and after 3 hours of drawing I crashed. Am going to give the support a shot.

Latest crash report:

Faulting process ID: 0x2a58

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27d318bf944df

Report ID: b3bbbef2-ecde-442f-8fa6-627ab79fba9c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reinstall your photoshop? Probably you did that alleady but just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you make sure your Microsoft Framework that is installed is up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both support and this forum failed to give a good solution.

I haven't crashed for 3 days.

fix for this crashing: remove active brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. I never heard of brushes causing Photoshop to crash. Very unusual.

When you said "removed active brushes", how exactly did you do that? What brushes were they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll leave this here. I hope for future cases, people might try this out. I still haven't crashed.

And I just removed all brushes, not the tools though. I haven't figured out what brush exactly makes me crash.

Random Photoshop Crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it crashed again. I'll switch to laptop, anyway. Thx for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines