• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Freezes upon deleting second image

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lightroom 6.8 on OSX 10.11.6 on a fairly new iMac.  I am also using a Drobo 5N for my images, and so, when deleting an image, I get the standard message telling me the image cannot be moved to Trash, ans asking me if I want to permanently delete it.  I can successfully delete a single raw ORF image from an Olympus OM-D E-M1.  When I subsequently attempt to delete a second such image, (Remove Photo - Delete From Disk), Lightroom continues to show the deleted image in whatever module I'm in, and will not allow me to select a different image, effectively freezing Lightroom.  If I try to change modules at that point, I get a message that Lightroom encountered an error while trying to change modules. 

My only recourse is to shut and restart Lightroom.  At that point, the deleted image is gone, and I can successfully delete another image before Lightroom freezes again.  Anyone else seen this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

You are probably deleting images while you are in the Develop module. This is a bug in the .8 release. Switch back to the Library module to do your deleting of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all of the images in your catalog reside on your Drobo? What happens if you delete an image that is stored on your local drive? If Lr doesn't freeze up in this scenario then it might be an issue with the Drobo, cable, config or other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All images reside on Drobo. No problems deleting one image, or one set of images. However, it always freezes when teying to delete a second image, or second set of images.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are probably deleting images while you are in the Develop module. This is a bug in the .8 release. Switch back to the Library module to do your deleting of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines