Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer AND upgrading from 6 to CC

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have Lightroom 6 installed on a 2012 Mac Mini.  Everything is working fine.

I just bought a 2015 iMac AND I want to upgrade to Lightroom CC.

There are plenty of FAQs and threads on upgrading to CC.

And there are plenty of FAQs and threads on upgrading to a new computer.

But what about both?

Should I migrate to the new computer first and get the same verison of Lightroom 6 running? ...and THEN upgrade to CC?

Or should I install CC on the new computer and migrate the catalog, presets, plugins, etc?

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this use case?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

I would put LR6 on the new computer (you are permitted two activations) and transfer your catalog, presets and photos. Photos may be kept on an external hard drive if preferred.

Then start your subscription and LR6 will launch as LR CC. There will be no need to uninstall and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are the SAME program, installed with the SAME installer. All you would have to do is sign out of the Lightroom 6 installation after you have signed up for the creative cloud and then sign back in using the Adobe ID and password that you used to sign up for the creative cloud. You won't have to change the installation because everything is there. It's all controlled by how you sign in to the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would put LR6 on the new computer (you are permitted two activations) and transfer your catalog, presets and photos. Photos may be kept on an external hard drive if preferred.

Then start your subscription and LR6 will launch as LR CC. There will be no need to uninstall and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines