• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2015 won't get updates

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a long time I am waiting to get the Lightroom updates automatically but I had no chance to see it. I have subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan. So far Adobe Photoshop has been updated to Photoshop CC 2017, even though I still don't have any updates for Lightroom. Now the current version Lightroom CC 2015.7 is out and I still don't have it. I tried out several times logging in/out, checking for updates within Lightroom and CC Manager as well as installing/deinstalling Lightroom, but it didn't succeed. I also downloaded the Lightroom 2015.7 update and tried to install manually but no chance yet. I as a monthly paid Adobe CC subscriber would like to know why am I not able to get the Lightroom updates. As shown on screenshots below you can see which version of Lightroom I am currently running in comparison to Photoshop. There are new tools and features in the new version of Lightroom which I really need and want like Guided Upright and Dehaze Tool etc.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.21.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.27.25 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Download and install the .8 update from here.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually download and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried it out but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "It Didn't Work".

If you downloaded the Mac version of the update and then when installing it you got some type of error then you have a problem with your computer. Could be permissions or hardware fault.

What error message did you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AdobePatchInstaller once opened shows this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 11.52.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is quoted right in that error dialog. It is a Folder and File permissions problem.

There use to be a setting in the OS X preferences to not allow updates from anyplace other than the Mac App Store. Not sure if that setting is still there as I haven't use a Mac in several years. But that might be what is stopping the update from installing. If that isn't it then it is a ROOT permissions problem that your UserName doesn't have Write permissions for the folders LR need to copy the update to. It is a Mac thing to try to keep you safe and restrict the users from actually using their computer, to keep you safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your time for replaying. Additionally I have tried to update Hosts as well as getting rid of opm.db file from OOBE in the Library and restarting, deinstalling/installing the entire application and then checking for updates but all are still the same as before. It drives me mad and I come up with no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My Lightroom says it is the 2015 version while all my other CC programs say they are the 2017 version. I've tried so many things with no luck. Did you ever figure this out?

Thank you,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parkerbravo  wrote

I'm having the same issue. My Lightroom says it is the 2015 version while all my other CC programs say they are the 2017 version. I've tried so many things with no luck. Did you ever figure this out?

Thank you,

John

You do not have the same problem. LR presently is at version 2015.8. So saying your LR install is at 2015 and all other CC apps are at 2017 is totally normal.

Go to Help > About Adobe PS Lightroom and check the exact version number. Or Help > system info for the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have:

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 7.50.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to import my raw files (ARW) and that is what made me initially think I did not have the most up to date version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the .8 update from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worrrrrkkkkkeeddd!   Thank you for your help and guidance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines