• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR-CC: Fuji X-Pro2 RAF/Raw File import issues

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this question is redundant but I can't find a definite answer to this issue.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a 2015 iMac, just upgraded to Lightroom CC a week ago from 5.7.1.  One of the reasons I upgraded was I purchased a Fuji X-Pro2 a couple of weeks back and my previous LR could not preview import the Fuji RAF/Raw files. I had to convert to dng first (which I prefer not to do).

I havce the exact same problem in LR-CC. No preview when I attempt to import Raw files from either the SD card or even from an external HDD, but a checkmark appears in the box. When I click import the 'Import Results' window indicates "The format is not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom". So, in the end I still have to convert to dng (using Adobe DNG Converter 9.8). Very frustrating.

Has this issue been resolved?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The X-Pro 2 requires at least Lightroom CC 2015.4 for support. Check the version of Lightroom you are using and if necessary update to the latest version LR CC 2015.8

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just joined LR CC last weekend. I cannot find what the exact version is inside Lightroom. I only assume Adobe automatically provides the latest update/version to new subscribers.

The best info. that I can find is this:

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 (1014445)

Camera Raw 9.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information about the Lightroom version is correct but irrelevant. This is a problem with Fuji compressed RAF format on Mac Sierra and has been reported to Adobe.

To get around it, either switch to using the uncompressed RAF format, or use a little trick in the Import dialog. Instead of pointing to the card at the top of the left panel, look further down and you will see the card DCIM folder listed as a normal photo. Thumbnails appear when you try importing from there. Just make sure you select Copy at the top of the Import dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Yosemite 10.10.5

I also just realized that I don;t have the latest version of LRCC.  Mine just says CC 2015 (not 2015.5 which is the latest).  But I cannot update to the new version from the CC menu that I use to open Lighroom and Photoshop.

Why didn't Adobe provide me with CC 2015.5 when I joined CC just last week?

Have no idea how to update this.

Thanks for the responses btw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015 is the initial version, you need to run the update from the Creative Cloud application. Latest version is 2015.8.

See the link below.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly the CC app indicates that Lightroom CC is up to date.

But it is only the initial version (listed as Lightroom CC 2015).

Why is the CC app not giving me an option to update to 2015.8?

Should I contact Adobe Customer Support?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elwoody  wrote

Oddly the CC app indicates that Lightroom CC is up to date.

But it is only the initial version (listed as Lightroom CC 2015).

Why is the CC app not giving me an option to update to 2015.8?

No idea, but I've see this error before. The solution is to uninstall Lr using the CC app, then install it again using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try tomorrow, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested I uninstalled then reinstalled LR-CC a few minutes ago via the CC app.  Well, I still only get the initial version of LR-CC (2015) 1014445 and Camera Raw 9.0.

Very frustrating as to why I cannot get an update to the latest version.

Is there anybody from Apple who knows what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually install the update to LR CC 2015.8 from

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very frustrating experience spending two hours in two calls with Adobe Customer Service thus far. The guy informed me yesterday (took him one hour to conclude this) that Yosemite 10.10.5 will not allow me to upgrade to the latest LRCC, that I have to at least have 10.11 installed. So, as Apple is only allowing the Sierra upgrade now (10.12) I went ahead and did so last night. It didn't change a thing, I still cannot upgrade Lightroom. So I called them again early this morning, the guy was clueless and frustrating to communicate with, and after an hour (being put on hold numerous times) I had to depart for work, no resolution.

I'm ready to give up. Very disappointed in their Customer Service, it is obvious the people I spoke with are not familiar with the product nor OS software. I even attempted to uninstall LR via the CC app but, when prompted for my password, it rejects it although I can sign in anywhere else. What the heck?

Also, as per the advice above about downloading it, from what I could see there doesn't appear to be an option to download the CC version.

What to do next?

Thanks again for trying to help out folks, I truly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing is to get that uninstall working. When you uninstall, Mac will ask you for your Mac password. You're not entering your Adobe one, are you? When it rejects a password, what is the exact error message - post a screenshot if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as per the advice above about downloading it, from what I could see there doesn't appear to be an option to download the CC version.

It's the exact same download as Lightroom 6.8. As soon as you install it, the software recognizes that you have logged in as a CC subscriber, and the software registers and Lightroom CC and gives you ALL Lightroom CC features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for articulating that John, I will give that a try this evening. I

am surprised the Adobe tech. help didn't suggest this but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded LR6.8 as suggested. When I double click on Adobe PatchInstaller the 'Setup wants to make changes' window appears with my Adobe Username already filled in (see attached photo). But when I enter my Adobe password (the same one I setup with my CC purchase and to access this forum) and click 'Ok' the window jiggles twice and doesn't proceed forward. It hilights the password assuming it was incorrect. I've attempted this numerous times, much to no avail.  Again, arms in the air. This is what happens when I attempt to uninstall CC from the CC app. It doesn't accept my password.

Adobe-SignIn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that when I signout of the Adobe CC app via preferences and sign back in (with the username shown in my photo, my Adobe username) and key-in my Adobe account password, it is not an issue.  Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes a lot of sense, NOT. It's the same program. The only thing that changes the feature set is whether you sign in using the serial number or your Adobe username and password. There is not a separate Lightroom Program for Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon a bit more research on the password issue via Google it sounds like it is asking for my OS Admin username/password, not the Adobe one. Regardless, I use the same Username/Password for both the Admin and Adobe. Oh boy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up contacting Adobe Support again (this time via the chat option) and, after an hour or so of digging around and deleting files on my iMac remotely, they were able to finally update me to LR-CC 2015.8

I am so relieved.

Thanks again for all of the generous assistance on this board, it is so much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

so in the end, did you end up managing to open the RAF files ? I have the exact same problem today, I just ordered a Xpro2 and cannot open the files in LR+PS even if it says that I have the latest versions....

Thanks

Aurélie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So "picholines" if you have the latest version of Lightroom then if you go to the menu bar in the Lightroom application and select Lightroom > About Lightroom xxx you should a popup with you version of Lightroom clearly stated. If you do have the latest update you should see something like the screen capture below.

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 8.09.08 AM.png

If you click on the Adobe Creative Cloud application icon symbol in the desktop you should see a popup like the image below.

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 8.07.52 AM.png

If you see something different then please post the info you get and we can advise you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below for additional help.

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks for the help

Indeed : upgrading to the last version doesn"t take in account the last version of camera raw.

You have to uninstall everything, then launch camera raw than re-install LR + PS and it works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines