• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is the Better Replacement For Flash UI(zxp) in CC 2014 and above version.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

I want to create UI (Dialog) With edit,button and checkbox controls for Plugin in MAC OS.

Is Any common Framework supports UI  For  CS6 And Above versions.

please guide me the better way to develop the Dialog.

Thank you Friends,

Regards,

Nathan

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Illustrator CC, the recommended ui is html5. See the examples in the sample code. This is not supported for CS6, but if you use flex for CS6, the plugin code is basically the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I want to design Dialog for Illustrator CC 2017 plugin in MAC OS.

The HTML5/Javascipt method of developing UI needs to Generate .zxp and install the .zxp to run the plugin.

Is Any methods available in MAC to Create a Dialog like Windows DialogBox() method.

Thank you Friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the html5 gui using a zxp file, but you can also install it using your own installer. How do you install your plugin?

You can use the Xcode interface builder to create a dialog on Mac. See the EmptyPanel sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your immediate reply,

I used adobe extension manager to install zxp File.

The Empty panel Plugin contains Panel control  only,I want to use  textedit control,button,checkbox in Panel, is it possible without using zxp.

please give your suggestion,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you don't want to use a zxp, so how are you going to install your plugin aip file?

The EmptyPanel sample contains textedit and button controls, you can add checkboxes and any other controls available in interface builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your immediate reply,

I just copy the aip file to Plugins Directory under installation path of Illustrator(Adobe/Illustrator/Plugins) and run Illustrator.So Plugin loaded at illustrator startup.

Thankyou Friend,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you were writing a plugin that would be installed by end users, so was asking how they would install your plugin. If you are just using the plugin yourself, I don't understand why you don't want to use html5. The problem if you want to distribute your plugin is that the html5 gui needs to be signed so you need a code signing certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Friend,

Yes,I want to Write plugin that would be used by end users.

I am not familiar with zxp.So only I prefered  native methods (like DialogBox() in Windows)to the user Interface for my plugin.

I am trying to packaging and Installing zxp in CC 2017 mac.

I saw the illustrator programmers guide and Adobe extension CC 2014 Documentation.

These documentation says,

(1) Develop extension using eclipse and adobe extension builder 3 in HTML5/javascript.

(2)Export it as zxp File.

(3)And Install ZXP using adobe Extension manager.(The local copy of output directory in eclipse workspace folder to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/ is must begore the Installation).

I am having some doubts.

(1)Is separate extension Manager availabe to install extension for CC 2017 plugin in MAC?.

(2) Is my processes(steps 1,2,3) are correct for CC 2017 plugin in MAC.

please give your suggestion packaging and Installing zxp in CC 2017 mac.

Thankyou friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines