• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically set new layer to colour and invert selection

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop a lot for colouring black and white images. When i create a new layer, i have to set it from normal to color, and invert the layer mask.

Is there a way to configure Photoshop CS6 to create new layers with these settings? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Window > Actions

Hit the »Create new Action«-button and perform the steps (new layer, set blend mode etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could record an Action for that and subsequently set a shortcut for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do i do that? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Actions

Hit the »Create new Action«-button and perform the steps (new layer, set blend mode etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And hit the »Stop playing/recording«-button when you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the New Action form that loads i have these fields: Name; Set; Function key; Color. Doesnt look like what i need.

I missed to mention that i want these settings to apply only to New SolidColor Layers. Not Brightness, Hue etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the New Action form that loads i have these fields: Name; Set; Function key; Color. Doesnt look like what i need.

Say what?

After you created the new Action you need to record the steps by performing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I only saw i needed to do that, after you made a second reply mentioning that.

So i recorded the steps. Now what ? How do i play that action?

I wanted to just create a new Solid Color normally and have the blend mode to color and invernt the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either hit the play button or assign the Action a shortcut (double-click on the right side of its name in the Actions Panel to raise the Action Options-dialog) and use that.

You could also set the Actions Panel to Button Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to just create a new Solid Color normally and have the blend mode to color and invernt the selection.

File > Scripts > Script Events Manager enables one to link Actions and Scripts to certain Events but I doubt it makes sense for you to look into that now, so I would recommend you just use an Action with a Function Key-shortcut for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines