• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS6 Start-up Issues

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! When I attempt to start After Effects CS6, The following message appears; "

Last log message was: <140737211765696> <AppDirs> <5> Required Dir = /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/Required

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

"

I have tried to set my Adobe programs to "Read & Write" Which did not help, I have tried to Reset the preferences with "Command + Option + Shift" and that did not help. I've also tried to chat with Adobe "Experts" and the lead me to the unanswered forums of their website; I have tried calling the "Experts" and they advised me to chat online with another "Expert". Its very unfortunate to not only have this issue, but also have to deal with poor customer service as well. I would like to get my program running ASAP! Thank you for your consideration & time to help. - Shawn

P.S. I have also noticed when I try to launch the app with launchpad, It's not titled "After Effects CS6" It is titled "After Effects Engine". Thank you!

Creative Suite 6: Production Premium

Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12 - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, 250 GB Flash Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Has AE CS6 been updated to version 11.0.4 or higher?  It needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has AE CS6 been updated to version 11.0.4 or higher?  It needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have fixed the permissions (read/write) of one folder, but you need to do it for all of them. Or, more easily, just renmate to OLDadobe and let AE rebuild the folder structure (with correct permissions) when it launches.

As to the "engine" part of things, it sounds like you're launching the AE Renderer instead of After Effects itself. Double-check what you're launching. Also, see this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Am Having the exact same error message.. did you ever get a solution please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines