Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Sierra & Dreamweaver not saving FTP passwords

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

New Macbook Pro running Sierra, installed CS5 and licence accepted fine.

Either importing a site or creating a new one in Dreamweaver doesn't seem to save the FTP username or password when I exit the application.

Googling about:

1) Going to ~/library/Application Support/Adobe/ and renaming Dreamweaver folder to Dreamweaver_old didn't work.

2) keychain access repair. first aid not found on MacOS Sierra (think previously missing from El Capitan too).

3) Dreamweaver for Mac OS doesn't remember FTP details  - I don't have "SiteName-SiteServer 0" or similar in Keychain.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

This was an issue in CS5 that I recall troubleshooting with someone else.  Here is a post to help with correcting the keychain to store passwords again without creating a new user account  However, as Nancy eludes to, it may be an issue with the newest OS and this old post was in relation to older Mac OS and Dreamweaver:

Dreamweaver CS5.5 vs. Mountain Lion Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, legacy CS5 is not certified to run on Sierra.  Even if you get it installed there are no guarantees it will work perfectly or for how long it will work.  Each new OS update changes your computer.  Over time it's nothing like it was when you brought it home. 

You might try creating a new Mac user account.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an issue in CS5 that I recall troubleshooting with someone else.  Here is a post to help with correcting the keychain to store passwords again without creating a new user account  However, as Nancy eludes to, it may be an issue with the newest OS and this old post was in relation to older Mac OS and Dreamweaver:

Dreamweaver CS5.5 vs. Mountain Lion Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link, tried but still not saving.

I'll give Dreamweaver CC a go if CS5 is not compatible.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines