• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing Not Working Correctly AE CC 2017

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only for some reason able to preview 0.5 seconds of 1080p60 footage with this the preview option. I made it quarter resolution, but could barely squeeze out 6 seconds out of it. I think my system should be capable to have more than 2 seconds of preview time. I allocated 6.9 GB of RAM for after effects, and currently using After Effects CC 2017. If that doesn't work, it gives an error saying something along the lines of it requiring 2 frames to show anything.

My System Specs:

RAM: 8 GB 2133mhz

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070

CPU: Intel 6700K

7200 RPM Seagate Hardrive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you're a little light on memory with just 8 GB.  16 GB would be much better.

And by giving AE so much memory, you may actually be hurting your performance.   Try going with 4GB instead of 6.1 gigs.

But you DO need more memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking the same thing, but before I had a workstation laptop with 32G of memory, a worse graphics card and a decent CPU. I was having the same problem, and I allocated around 15-20G and was still having the same problem. I'll try what you said to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it seems to be better, your probably right about there not being enough RAM for it to preview a lot of frames. Would faster RAM make a difference along with more GB's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most RAM is pretty speedy.  Faster processors always help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines