• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom sync issue

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sync a collection to Lightroom on the web but only 3 photos out of many will sync. When I hover over the sync icon in the grid view, it says that the photo is missing. In the mobile tab in preferences, it says that the master image is missing. In fact, the photos are not missing. I have my external drive connected and I can access the photos in the develop module. How would I correct this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelk,

May I know which version of Lightroom are you using? You can find the version info by clicking on Help > About Lightroom.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hover over the sync icon in the grid view, it says that the photo is missing.

When Lightroom says the photo is missing, that means it is not in the location that Lightroom expects it to be in. This can happen because you have moved, renamed or deleted the photo(s) (or the folder that contains it) outside of Lightroom. So ... you need to tell Lightroom the new location/file name of the photo(s). You do this via these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this just to make sure that Lightroom knew where the folder is and it did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this just to make sure that Lightroom knew where the folder is and it did not fix the problem.

So Lightroom still thinks the photos is missing? Then in that case, I don't think you did it properly. Can you please show us a screen capture of what you see in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had previously restarted Lightroom multiple times to see if the problem would resolve but no luck. This morning when I restarted to take a screenshot it synced the photos. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining. Thanks for the input.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines