Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player icon stuck on desktop

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 10.12.3; Safari 10.0.3; Flash Player 24.0.0.194

I am unable to move the icon to my applications folder. Any help doing so would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Flash Player is browser plugin, not an Application and therefore is not moved to the Application folder.  Double-click the the installer icon to launch the Flash Player installer, follow the on-screen prompts to install Flash Player.  After successfully installing Flash Player, move the installer file from the desktop to the trash bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is browser plugin, not an Application and therefore is not moved to the Application folder.  Double-click the the installer icon to launch the Flash Player installer, follow the on-screen prompts to install Flash Player.  After successfully installing Flash Player, move the installer file from the desktop to the trash bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you. I had already put the dmg file in the trash but didn't understand that I didn't need the other icon in my apps folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 2021 and the solution no longet works.  What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original issue and correct answer are still valid as Flash Player is a brwoser plugin, and thus, its files do not exist in the Application folder.

Please provide details specific to your issue, preferably in a new discussion topic.  Include Operating System, including version.  Screenshots are always helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion topic.  User's reporting Flash Player icon stuck in desktop in 2021 is a different issue from what's reported here in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines