• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital ID does not save between sessions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently whenever we try to sign using the digital ID we get prompted to install an ID.  In Preferences > Signatures > Identities & Trusted Certificates we are able to add the ID and use it, however when we exit Adobe and restart it the digital ID is gone again.  How can I get the digital ID to persist between sessions again?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me but every time I sign a document it ask to create a new signature file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sbailey,

Could you please confirm the dot version of Adobe application you are using.

Are you experiencing this issue with all the files on which you try to add signature?

Have you tried to configure a new digital ID to check if it works?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in 11.0.19.

Seems to only happen with PDFs created by someone else. Doesn't happen with me if I created the PDF.

I've tried configuring new digital IDs multiple times, but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product version is Adobe Acrobat DC 15.006.30280.

This happens with all PDF documents that I try to sign. This happens even after creating a new signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too and several of us at our work is having this same problem.  When I go to digitally sign a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC (15.006.30280), when I click on an unsigned signature field in a PDF, I keep getting a popup with a window asking "I want to sign this document using..."  I already have an existing digital ID saved on my computer (Windows 7).  Every time I get to this menu, I have to manually select "My existing digital ID from: A file", for the file name, click browse, select my PFX signature, hit open, put in the password, click Finish.  This FINALLY brings it to the "Sign Document" field.  It didn't use to do this.  It used to be able to click on the unsigned signature field and it would go straight to the "Sign Document" field with my name already select. 

I confirmed it does this on every computer I’ve encountered. If you open the PDF, click on an unsigned signature field, it keeps asking for the location (as if Acrobat keeps forgetting the location or something). HOWEVER - if you open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC first (not the PDF file), go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > SIGNATURES > and next to where it says "Identities & Trusted Certificates", click MORE - it will see the Digital ID.  If you close out and click Ok and open a PDF file and click unsigned signature field, IT WILL WORK (it bypasses the "I want to sign this document using..." and goes straight to the "Sign Document" window.  Yet, if you close Adobe Acrobat Pro DC open it back up and then open a PDF - it will not work.  It will ONLY work if you go in the Preferences and click ‘More’ next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates" each time.  You can always leave Acrobat running and minimize and open PDFs (or double click on them to open them) and it will work – ONLY as long as you clicked ‘More’ next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates" and haven’t closed out of Acrobat.  It is almost as if Adobe Acrobat Pro DC keeps forgetting the Digital ID location and going in the Identities & Trusted Certificates refreshes and reminds it.

This is incredibly annoying and needs to be fixed/patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This is exactly my issue. Buscherp. Is this the only way, that you know of, that will force Acrobat DC to "remember" signatures for every time you sign a pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe does fix the issue for 3/4 days but it comes back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Would you please try turning off the new UI (modern UI) from Preferences -> Signatures -> Creation & Appearance – More -> uncheck “Use modern UI for signing and Digital ID configuration”.

For testing purposes only and check if that fixes your issue. Let us know the result.

Appreciate your patience on this.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These options don't appear for me.

acrobat.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Unchecking “Use modern UI for signing and Digital ID configuration” is not an option.  That preference is not even available.  It is available in continuous variant of Adobe Reader.  The problem I am having is in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Also, right-clicking on the Acrobat icon and choosing to “Run as Administrator” does not fix the problem either.

I did a few other things to pinpoint the cause of the problem.  I did try this on two different machines running Windows 10 and they work.  This problem seems to only involve when running Windows 7 (I do not know about Windows 8).

On the machines running Windows 7, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC.  I then reinstalled it (it installs version (2015.006.30033).  I tested it out and it works.  HOWEVER, when I updated Adobe Acrobat DC to the most current version (2015.006.30280), the problem comes back.  It seems as though there is a Windows 7 issue with the most updated version of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Could it be that Adobe Acrobat DC needs another updated patch to work better on Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several users with the same issue. We are running Windows 10 and using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. This just started happening the beginning of January. It worked as it should previously. I will have the users try opening Adobe first and checking their signature as reported by buscherp on 1/25/2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with version Adobe Acrobat DC 15.006.30280.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having similar issues on a number of workstations.

Acrobat Pro XI 11.0.19Windows 7 SP1 current patches

1)  Existing Digital Signature has to be "reconfigured" each time.  Instead of the "Sign" dialog coming up when "Sign" and a box are drawn, "I want to sign this document using..." shows up instead.

We have another user who has reported that his signature requires re-validation every time he loads Acrobat Pro.  E.g. if he wants to Unsign a document by right clicking a signature field, he has to re-validate his signature, then he can unsign the document.  This is not retained when he quits Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a work-around:

Solution (Windows):

•    In Adobe Reader DC or Acrobat DC, click on Edit > Preferences

•    Click on Signatures (to the left) and click "More" next to Identities & Trusted Certificates

•    In the Identities & Trusted Certificates Setting, click on Windows Digital ID (to the left)

•    There is most likely nothing in that category.  Click on Add ID

•    Select Import an existing digital ID and click next

•    For File Name, browse to the location where the user saved their Signature (usually saved as a PXF file).  Put in the Signature's password and click next

•    Finish with the set up

•    For now on, the Adobe program will remember the signature ID when opening a PDF file

Solution (Mac):

•    For whatever reason, when doing the above solution on a Mac - but instead of Windows Digital ID, you do Keychain Digital ID - The Adobe program will never save the Keychain Digital ID.  When you exit the Preference and go back into Preferences > Identities & Trusted Certificates > Keychain Digital ID - it will be missing again. 

•    Instead, open a PDF with a unsigned signature field and click on that field

•    Adobe will think that there is not a signature created.  You will need to create a new one, but it will be done/saved a certain way.

•    Click "Configure Digital ID"

•    Click "Create a new Digital ID" and click continue

•    Click "Save to Apple Keychain" and click continue

•    Fill out the rest of the fields.  For "Use Digital ID for" select "Digital Signature and Data Encryption" and click Save

•    The Adobe program will now remember the digital signature on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my preliminary testing with Acrobat XI Standard, I can confirm that this method works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, We tried this in my office and it worked, however they no longer got prompted for their password when signing a document. Have you found a way for the users to get prompted for their password upon signing a document? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue in our office. 

Adobe Acrobat Pro xi 11.0.18

Windows 10

Adobe is not remembering our saved digital id.  So used the work around with the Windows ID.

However, we are required to have a password on the ID, and cannot figure out how to get one on the Windows ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are currently super frustrated with Adobe.  Why is there no way to get a hold of a live customer support person to help us fix this issue.  All of our computers are now experiencing this same sign in problem and we are starting to get errors and timing out when attempting to save pdf files.  Because of the lack of support for this system, we are in negotiations to purchase Foxit PhantomPDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines