Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Page name

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is such a simple question, but I am at my wits end and my performance is such in Robohelp 7 that turning around takes me hours and of course generation takes a long time...so...

How on earth do I specify my start page name (not default topic but start page)? I need this to be a specific name f but Robohelp seems to default to the project name. I've tried changing that to no avail. The help is not so much...it instructs to appent the "Output FOlder and Start Page" with the start page name, but when I do this, Robohelp simply creates a directory with that name.

thanks!
Robin S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008
Hi again

What you are describing sounds like FlashHelp Pro output, not simple FlashHelp. Does the output really need to be FlashHelp Pro? Or was that choice made thinking that if it's the "Pro" version, it's gotta be all that and a bag 'o chips?

FlashHelp Pro output is an output intended to be published to a RoboHelp Server. Are you using RoboHelp Server? Many folks mistakenly feel one has to purchase RoboHelp Server in order to make your content available on the web. And this is a false assum...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify: using Robohelp 7 with Technical Communicator and Framemaker 8; single sourcing content from book to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Robin

When you click View > Pods > Single Source Layouts and double-click the WebHelp layout, the first field you see is where you specify the folder and WebHelp start page. That is where you should change it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!

I am actually Flashhelp (not my choice! but for right now, I don't have a web skin so this is what I am somewhat stuck with). THe FlashHelp layout properties has the same field, but there is a "Project Name" field before that.

So- at this point I have tried the following:

Navigate to my desired output directory.
Enter the filename I want at the end of the path <filename>.htm

Upon generation, the output creates that .htm as a directory, not as a file. The startpage file appears to match the project name.

So- thinking the start page might somehow access the project name, I changed the project name to the start page I wanted.

The startpage also matches the original directory name of this project. So I'll try that next.

Since the output default filename appears to match the Project Name I had originally assigned to this project, I changed the project name, but that had no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

What you are describing sounds like FlashHelp Pro output, not simple FlashHelp. Does the output really need to be FlashHelp Pro? Or was that choice made thinking that if it's the "Pro" version, it's gotta be all that and a bag 'o chips?

FlashHelp Pro output is an output intended to be published to a RoboHelp Server. Are you using RoboHelp Server? Many folks mistakenly feel one has to purchase RoboHelp Server in order to make your content available on the web. And this is a false assumption.

Let us know... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarify: I said- So- thinking the start page might somehow access the project name, I changed the project name to the start page I wanted.

(that did not work either)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
HI Rick,

Thank you so much for your help!

Ah, yes, it is FlashHelp Pro, and no, I am not using Robohelp Server. The decision to use FlashHelp Pro was made before my arrival so I can't say I know what the rationale was there. I definitely prefer to pass on the chips simplifying things, so if I can use plain old flash help (heck, eventually even web help) I will be happier!

And...it did work with plain ole flash help.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp