Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the sender of a contact form in Adobe Muse

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a contact form on my adobe muse website, but the mails never reach my server, so i called my host and asked where the problem is.

They told me i should change the SENDER of my emails from that contact form, otherwise i will not receive them.

So, does anyone know where i could change the sender?

thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Some web hosting services require that the email address in your Muse contact form use the same domain name as the site.  For example, if your website is www.duckburg.com, then the email address donald.duck@duckburg.com should work.  However, let's say you also have another email address:  donald.duck@gmail.com.  That won't work. 

Muse allows you to send to more than one email address, but the first one must be to your domain name.  This will work: donald.duck@duckburg.com;donald.duck@gmail.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This address is used:

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some web hosting services require that the email address in your Muse contact form use the same domain name as the site.  For example, if your website is www.duckburg.com, then the email address donald.duck@duckburg.com should work.  However, let's say you also have another email address:  donald.duck@gmail.com.  That won't work. 

Muse allows you to send to more than one email address, but the first one must be to your domain name.  This will work: donald.duck@duckburg.com;donald.duck@gmail.com.  (This will NOT work: donald.duck@gmail.com;donald.duck@duckburg.com.)  Note that the two addresses must be separated by a semi-colon.

Hope this helps.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Thank you for your fast and efficient help!

At first i also thought the problem is the @mydomain ending (donuld.duck@duckburg.com). But it was still not working in my case.

So i had long talks with Muse and my host and then the host found the problem:

I was running PHP 5.2, which is very old and the email function is blocked there for safety reasons. So they activated PHP 5.5 (what ever this means) and now it is working perfectly

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines