• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accordion menu in windows phone doesn't work properly...!

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i  use accordion widget to make mobile menu in my responsive site but in windows phone (lumia930) doesn't work good.

i don't know how many devices have problem with this .... !

how can make a good mobile menu in muse for all devices

windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live​.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check out this tutorial https://www.creativemuse.co/how-to-create-an-accordion-menu-in-adobe-muse.html  and let us know if it  helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my android tablet dose't problem just has another problem ..... I am looking forward to know that how the menu list closed if I click anywhere on the website. Anyway......

it isn't menu problem... it is accordion widget problem.

i search about this simple problem and i find  iPhone 3 has this problem too. for test you can just drag and drop this widget in your site and check expand behavior

1-can close all

2-overlap items below

and test it in widows phone and see problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Gave up muse...for design.

Muse need to be Review by adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  I remember you helped some of our previous users who has the windows phone, any kind inputs here will be very appreciable.

Kind Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have ftp problem before it solved ..... but know with widows phone

http://yourwebtest.xyz/home.html

i use just accordion widget u can test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this issue posted on the Muse Facebook group, so I tested some of my sites which use the accordion widget for mobile menus and indeed the menu does not stay open when using Chrome on Android OS, but does work on iPhone in Safari. I tested an older site I designed, which has been up for over a year. It has never had this problem before. I tried it on a brand new Google Pixel phone and the mobile menu closes as soon as it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are right about the issue with Android 7.0 Google Chrome browser, the accordion just shuts immediately and we need to long press for opening it up.

We are checking on this issue with our product team and will let you know.

Stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• what is the url for this site please?

is your phone still running w8.1 or have you gone over to wx?

i assume this is a rez issue because the lumia930 has a funky ppi but I'm not able to test without more info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i stop design with muse i upload this again.

i know j query have problem with win8.1 . and  accordion widget have problem with this. 

i use windows 10.

i insert html code How To Create an Accordion it work in (lumia 930)

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mahnazs61698102 wrote:

i stop design with muse i upload this again.

that design wont work in any windows phone because the text will hylight instead of the menu trigger

eg, touch and swipe

WIN_20161214_130107.JPGWIN_20161214_130128.JPG

i would recommend just using the built in Muse widgets to make a menu that works on phones eg, = Home

test page is only set for 340 and below but should be ok for testing... happy to make a different breakpoint if you need it?

mahnazs61698102 wrote:

i know j query have problem with win8.1 . and accordion widget have problem with this.

thats news to me?

mahnazs61698102 wrote:

i insert html code How To Create an Accordion it work in (lumia 930)

phones use touch click or swipe (see my screenshots) and that code is designed to run on a desktop with a mouse... all windows devices will assume text should be selected when there is text under the selection... much the same as iphones hylight phone numbers... you have to allow for that when designing for phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home it is same problem that i have with windows phone. if button in web site did't have link to another page is'not my problem The accordion opens and it instantly closes back is my problem.

some one with my issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accordion widget not working on Windows phones.

Hi, I am currently developing a responsive site and using the accordion widget for mobile menus and also for some interactive text display. When testing the site the accordion widget worked perfectly in all devices except on my Windows 10 device (Microsoft Lumia 950XL) which I keep updated. The accordion opens and it instantly closes back, I can't get it to stay open. I started changing the settings to see how it behaves, and the one that made a difference was the can close all setting. When can close all is unchecked, the accordion works with no problem, except that it starts open on the screen and it is completely useless as a mobile menu. So, I set it back to can close all and discovered that if you double tap very, very quickly, the accordion then opens like it is supposed to. Any idea what could be causing this? Anyone with a windows phone having the same issue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that design wont work in any windows phone because the text will hylight instead of the menu trigger

eg, touch and swipe.

i see this issue. first thing i do use (all disabler widget) to disable text selection. but i have same problem with accordion !!!

phones use touch click or swipe (see my screenshots) and that code is designed to run on a desktop with a mouse... all windows devices will assume text should be selected when there is text under the selection... much the same as iphones hylight phone numbers... you have to allow for that when designing for phones.

in w3school it also text that work for desktop an mobile and widows phone don't select it like text !!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with accordion widget.

Yesterday, I was uploaded my website and now I'm testing on devices.

My girlfriend on Huawai P9 and galaxy tab 2 have the same situation. Me on lumia 650 and 635 too. On Lumia 535 it works good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stay on target please... test this site (Home ) and tell me if your phone makes the accordion close or stays open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seem u don't read my comment ..... if this menu(accordion widget) have problem only one devices it needs to be review.

now i am using word-press to make my site . but i work on accordion cod to find how we can change code to make accordion work good until product team fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just updated my chrome browser to version - 55.0.2883.91 and now see this issue on my Android.

Looks like Chrome bug.

I am in communication with our Dev team regarding this issue. 

Will update you with more details on it.

-Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been at least two more Android updates since December, but this issue still exists.  Has there been any progress on resolving it?  My site is likewise effected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to the latest version of Adobe Muse where this issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version and have fully exported the site fresh (i.e., all pages were updated) but have the same results.

The menu still works on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live​.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi epbpa,

Can you confirm that you are on 2017.0.2 before we pass your issue to support for investigation?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines