• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I wonder if I can use my Lightroom product on my new iMac?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if I can use my Lightroom product on my new iMac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

You don't click on the words Photoshop Lightroom, you click on the word Buy (Kjøp)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download whatever version you have from the link below. The current version is LR6.8 and you can purchase an upgrade from any previous version from LR1 through LR5.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to give us details.

Please state the version NUMBER of Lightroom you are asking about.

Please state the operating system version NUMBER on your iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Lightroom 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your operating system version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Lightroom 3 should work in your operating system, although I don't know of anyone who has specifically tested this combination. If you ever upgrade the operating system to OSX 10.12, then there are known issues between older versions of Lightroom and OSX 10.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have iMac with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

I want to upgrade it to Lightroom 6 (Not Lightroom cc), and I want to do a online buy like any other adobe product. Not buy it trough a cell phone call with the support team. Just a normal online buy for upgrading it, like buying any other products on internet. But I can not find were to do this online. Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you meet the system requirements, you can buy LR6 from the following link. After clicking "Buy" change from Full to Upgrade; then select your existing LR product from the drop-down menu and the correct pricing will be displayed. Then simply choose “Add to Cart”

Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link for you to upgrade to Lightroom 6

Software & Services

Scroll down, Lightroom 6 is listed under it's official name Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to know how to move your present catalog to the new iMac. See if this link helps with video tutorial from Adobe Evangelist – Julieanne Kost:

Move LR to a New Computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanks but this does not work. I tried this a dusin times.

What ever I do, I end up where I can buy the subscription of LIGHTROOM CC... I can not find the where I can buy or upgrade to Lightroom 6. And I do not want to pay each month for the CC, I want to get the Lightroom 6 permanently with one payment.

Where do I find the Lightroom 6 without getting directed to the Lightroom CC.

This is the problem.

Any one who find the Lightroom 6 to somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You went to the row that said Photoshop Lightroom and clicked on Buy? If you did that, then you cannot get to Lightroom CC, it only gives you Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press Photoshop Lightroom I come directly to this site:

Kjøp Adobe Lightroom CC | Prøv programvare for digital fotografering gratis

It is in norwegian, but it is offering me to buy Lightroom CC.

Have you try to press Photoshop Lightroom? Do come to another page then me with the Lightroom 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't click on the words Photoshop Lightroom, you click on the word Buy (Kjøp)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally it worked out.

But I hope I am not the only one who having problems finding this, it is not obvious.

Tanks a lot!! 🙂 So glad for your help.

I wrote this email as feedback to the normal Adobe support:

""

This is the link to buy or upgrade to Lightroom 6

Software & Services

Scroll down to Photoshop Lightroom, then press Buy on the right side, and then you get the options to choose if you want to buy a new one, or update your old one. And you also choose country/language.

So then you can buy a new Lightroom 6 or upgrade your old Lightroom (1 to 5) in a normal way online with credit card. Just like it is when you buy online from any company around the world.

- So strange that you (Adobe) could not help me finding this by our phone calls and chatt today (many times with each). I had to call you 3 times, and chatt live with 2 persons, each time with out getting any help to buy this online. They all just told me ten times that this was impossible without buying it live during the phone call with the sales people.

- So strange that a big company like Adobe have support chatt and phone personell that is unable to tell the customers how to buy this in a normal way online. And that it is so hard for customers to find Lightroom 6 in the first place, that even the support personal is unable to find it.

How about having Lightroom 6 as one of the products on the main meny that you offer people to buy??? And not Lightroom CC as the only product that a normal person is able to find quickly. Or being directed to each time you press or search for Lightroom.

- And so strange that you kind of do not show respect and being helpful when I did not want to say my credit card information over the phone.

- And last of all so strange and bad service that you could not help me find this way of buying this, when it is very simple and normal way of doing this online as you can see trough my description and link above here.

Very disappointed.

Bent

""

Hope you get more impression over my frustrations around solving this today.

But again tanks for all your help here guys! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines