Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Floating back to top button

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Appreciate your help! I am using InDesign and exporting to .swf. Not successful in creating a floating back to top button. Also not successful in getting the link to work when exporting to .swf.

Created a "Text Anchor" at the top of page. Inserted a button and linked with "GoToDestination" action. Exported to .swf. The button does not do anything.

Ideally would like the Back To Top button to float so as to follow the user down the page. Any ideas?

Screenshot.png

As always, many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Hi all,

I am disappointed that it cannot be done in InDesign. I was hoping for solutions in that software. As there are no solutions to be had in InDesign I think this query should be closed.

Unfortunately I will not be able to try out Adobe Experience Designer for the reasons Bob has outlined. Nor Muse as there are others involved in the project and they expect to be working in InDesign, the software they are comfortable with.

Not all the world has the complete Adobe Cloud.

Thank you, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is this a feature request? If yes, how would you like to see this new feature work?
( You were posting in the InDesign Feature Requests forum )

Or do you simply need help with the form fields features of InDesign?
If so, I could ask a moderator of this forum to move this thread to the "normal" InDesign forum, where posts will draw more attention.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need assistance in creating a “back to the top button” that will work when exporting to interactive PDF. I have searched everywhere for a solution and have not been successful, as “text anchors” do not work neither does using “go to destination”.

Appreciate your help on this matter, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use a similar feature in the newsletters I create.

It is a button that will send the reader back to the first page.

You can try to use hyperlink instead of button.

• Select your shape
  • from the Hyperlink panel, add a new hyperlink (I use the option menu icon at the top right corner of the panel)
  • Link to Page
  • Select your document in the Document drop down
  • Select the page number you want to return to
  • Select the zoom
  • In the PDF panel, I prefer to keep the hyperlink invisible

The button you used depends on the bookmark you have setup in your 'Top' page to return to. You might have to make sure your Top Page bookmark is placed correctly. Both techniques work well for me.

The icon will not 'float' when scrolling down the page like on websites as it is 'printed' on the pdf page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for this. I have seen the Link to Page action, but this PDF is only a single page. So how to have that button click to the top of the page? Using Bookmarks has not been successful for me. The link does not work. I did not place the back to top button on my master page, so I do not know what is going wrong.

Thank you for your help, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll bite...why do you need something like this for a single page? Depending on the zoom level the user chooses, it's likely to do absolutely nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I am using InDesign to create prototypes for a website development planning. It cuts down on time spent in client discussions before approvals and sending to web development team. We all like websites to be user friendly, and a back to top button is important when PDFs can be as long as 5,000 pixels.

Thank you for your interest, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I would strongly encourage you to use Muse for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would strongly suggest you explore the new Adobe Experience Designer. I don't know if it does a floating button, but it is made specifically for prototyping tablet "apps" and web pages. And can be previewed easily, in real time from desktop to tablet. And then presented on tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but don’t have the budget for new software – but appreciate the sales pitch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All included with Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe Experience Designer is for MAC users. My company is on Windows 7 and I use a PC. It sounds exciting but outside my grasp just now.

Another issue I’m experiencing is that the navigation buttons really jump erratically when viewed in Acrobat Reader. Thank you all for your responses, I am encouraged by your kindness.

Have a great weekend, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Experience Designer is for PC as well, well worth a try.

In your case, I would create the interaction in Acrobat. Insert a Link > create an invisible rectangle > scroll and Zoom to set your view to display when the user clicks on.

Screenshot 2017-02-19 09.19.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update at a minimum. This is something I believe you are going to start seeing more and more of with this type of application for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am disappointed that it cannot be done in InDesign. I was hoping for solutions in that software. As there are no solutions to be had in InDesign I think this query should be closed.

Unfortunately I will not be able to try out Adobe Experience Designer for the reasons Bob has outlined. Nor Muse as there are others involved in the project and they expect to be working in InDesign, the software they are comfortable with.

Not all the world has the complete Adobe Cloud.

Thank you, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is  100% free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe XD is no substitution for Adobe Muse or Adobe Experience Designer.

It's just a prototyping app. The finishing, programming etc.pp. must be done with other tools.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines