• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Sync

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain to me how the pictures in lightroom mobile are stored when they sync?  I have 3 folders of photos - 1.  My camera roll on my phone, 2. "all synced photographs" under Catalog in Lightroom CC and 3.  A folder on my mac hard drive where I have photos directed through preferences of lightroom. All 3 locations have a different number of photos.  Shouidn't they all be the same after syncing? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"all synced photographs" provides the overall summary. It will be the sum of camera roll and other folders. Note that you can delete sync'd photos from your device but keep them available in LR desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh, I wish I understood this.  What other folders besides camera roll would be in "all synced photographs"?  Can you direct me to any links/tutorials than can explain this?  I've watched every tutorial I can find on adobe and youtube.  Basically I'm trying to find the best way to transfer my photos from my phone to my desktop hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do the set up in Preferences >> Lightroom Mobile

You can have every image imported from your device into a single named folder or into dated sub-folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now we are getting closer!  So I did that.  But that folder does not have the same number of files as the "all synced photographs" file or the number of pictures that are on my phone.  Why is that?  Shouldn't the number of photos that are on my phone be the same or greater than the number in that folder?  Right now the number in that folder is less than the number that is on my phone and that is what I don't understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have changed the prefs that will only work going forwards for new photos sync'd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh....so that's the difference!  Thank you!  So once I set it up to images imported, they are on my hard drive and I can delete from my phone but they are still on computer, correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines