• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Player Control Buttons Partially Displayed

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer just purchased Adobe Captivate 9.  About four years ago, I used a very old version of Captivate (maybe v5 or v6) for a short period.  After that, I changed jobs and used Articulate Storyline.  I just started a new job and my new employer just purchased Adobe Captivate 9, which I've been teaching myself how to use for the last few weeks.  When I try to preview my file, only the outline of the player control buttons will show; in other words, the outline of the buttons will display, but the actual button image is missing.  I thought it was a Windows memory issue, so not only did I close all of my open applications, but I shut down completely and powered up again, but the issue persists.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

I wrote an article about Themes, lot of users do not know what is in the theme:

Exploring THEMES (and templates) in Captivate | eLearning

I suspect that the theme (still don't know which one you used) has a playbar with white letters on transparent buttons. You will have to go into the Skin editor (Project menu) and check out the setup of the playbar. Maybe switch to another playbar.

Another approach could be to replace the white swatch in the Theme Colors palette by another color, but that could

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create those buttons? Which type of buttons: image buttons, shape buttons? Can you check the InBuilt states of the buttons?

You should be using 9.0.2.437, look in Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't create the buttons.  All I did was click on the "Preview" button in the toolbar.  It doesn't matter which "Preview" option I select (example, "Play Slide", "Project", "From this slide", etc.), the result is still the same.  Only the outline of the player control bar displays.  And yes, I am using version 9.0.2.437.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play slide is not a preview method.

Which theme do you use? Is it the default playbar of that theme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to File > New Project > Blank Project.  Then I went to the Master Slide view > Properties and change the slide color to white.  The background of my slides needs to be white.  Being that I've done the same thing in Articulate SL, I would've never thought that changing the slide background color would interfere with the display of the player buttons.  Can you suggest what I can do to display the player buttons, knowing that the slide color must remain white?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote an article about Themes, lot of users do not know what is in the theme:

Exploring THEMES (and templates) in Captivate | eLearning

I suspect that the theme (still don't know which one you used) has a playbar with white letters on transparent buttons. You will have to go into the Skin editor (Project menu) and check out the setup of the playbar. Maybe switch to another playbar.

Another approach could be to replace the white swatch in the Theme Colors palette by another color, but that could change a lot of colors in the object styles, master slides as well. SL is another tool, Captivate's design relies a lot on the theme used.

Theme Colors - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went into the Skin Editor.  White was selected for the color of the button face, so I selected another color, and now the buttons show - thanks!  As for which theme I have, I clicked on the "Themes" button in the toolbar.  The options that I have for themes are "Poise", "Simple", "Smart", "Suave", "Vibrant".  My selected theme is "White".  Thanks for sharing your article and themes and thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources